TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Guy to the GT500 Crowd!

GallopingFord

I've been a avid Ford Mustang fan since my childhood. I've been a mustang owner since 2009 when I purchased my first one, a 2009 Bullitt. I am a big fan of Steve McQueen and a the car was perfect for me as I enjoyed something mysterious and unique. More recently I decided to look into purchasing a 2012 GT500. December 2012 I found the perfect car. Coming from the Bullitt it is a huge difference but at the same time you really cannot compare the two. I still own the Bullitt and will continue to do so, so if anything I'm really glad to add this 2012 GT500 to my stable.

Here are the specs on the car:

2012 Shelby GT500

Ingot Silver Metallic w/ Stripe Delete

SVT Performance Package

Electronics Package

Recaro Seats

Glass Roof

I picked it up with less than 2500 miles. The previous owner took very good care of it and never even opened the manuals/supplements.

Here are some pictures too:

IMG_1229_tonemapped_zpsd25d500d.jpg

photo_tonemapped_zpsb5a1e686.jpg

4_zpscef16dc4.jpg

I already have a bunch planned including a 2013 TVS S/C on the way.

If your curious to see my Bullitt here is a picture of it -

IMG_0170_tonemapped_zps29b883b9.jpg

I'm happy to officially join the forum!

I'm also a pretty active member over on S197.com and IMBOC.com.

We have a 12 black stripe delete. I am electronically challanged I guess because I put pics on photobucket but don't know how to get them on this site. Enjoy your ride! We are in an area of SD thas is very remote and has very little traffic so we can open it up on the wide open stretches of road and let go which is really fun.

Thanks everyone for the compliments and welcomes.

We have a 12 black stripe delete. I am electronically challanged I guess because I put pics on photobucket but don't know how to get them on this site. Enjoy your ride! We are in an area of SD thas is very remote and has very little traffic so we can open it up on the wide open stretches of road and let go which is really fun.

If you view the image on Photobucket, there should be a box on the right side of the page that has the image link. Click the link in that box and it should be automatically copied to your clipboard.

ScreenShot2013-04-04at11632PM_zpsa18fc69a.png

Welcome, the GT500 is much heavier than the Bullitt, do you find the ride quality very diferent?

If I was comparing it to the 07-10 it was much different, but the aluminum block and the SVTPP suspension makes the car handle surprisingly good. My Bullitt had a full suspension too (springs, shocks, lca's, uca). I really like the way the GT500 handles from the factory and I'll probably leave the suspension alone until after I do my power modifications. I'm planning on lowering it on Ground Control coilovers.

Well, Well, Well....Galloping Ford.....

Yet another IMBOC member that found their way to this board!! Congrats on your ride. We are also keeping the Bullitt, as it is Karen's car. Our Shelby is slated to be picked up in Ohio tomorrow, and should be to the left coast by next weekend. Think I am also going to keep the 05 for a daily driver, and the Shelby will be the weekend car!!

Congrats, and Welcome,

Mike and Karen

Thanks all.

Congrats & welcome to TS! Love the pics you posted they seem very professional? And glad to see the Bullitt as well.

Best of luck and enjoy as they are a lot of fun to drive.

Cheers,

Ray

I'm glad they look somewhat professional. It's amazing what an iPhone 5 and photoshop + HDR editing can do.

This car is a blast to drive!

Well, Well, Well....Galloping Ford.....

Yet another IMBOC member that found their way to this board!! Congrats on your ride. We are also keeping the Bullitt, as it is Karen's car. Our Shelby is slated to be picked up in Ohio tomorrow, and should be to the left coast by next weekend. Think I am also going to keep the 05 for a daily driver, and the Shelby will be the weekend car!!

Congrats, and Welcome,

Mike and Karen

Hey! I was wondering if you decided to get one. Is the one in your sig the car? That is gorgeous. Grabber Blue with white stripes and SVTPP would have been definitely my second color choice.

It's always great to see familiar faces. It's funny as my GF and I will be moving in together hopefully this coming summer - she has her 09 GT and I have the two so it will be a 3-Mustang family as well.

Thank you, and yes, the sig pic is at the dealership where she was purchased. I agree in that I love the Grabber Blue. I had to have the SVTPP, and also wanted the electronics Package. So this one fit the bill nicely since I could not find a comparable car here in California....Cannot wait for her to get here...

I also agree with the comments above, in that your pics look great, and love the new ride!! Congrats!! Now we have to see who else is a triplicate stable owner!!

Take care,

Mike

Archived