TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW! Shelby Battery Cover!

Jer

Minor glitch.

Jer, since you arrived, it has been like christmas.

Thanks for your hard work.

i agree. even though i have not purchased much recent..I have never seen such response form anyone in this area. Thank you for busting you A$$ for all of us.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If there's a singular message I could send, it is this: "I AM one of you". I want an oil separator on my car like YESTERDAY. I want all the clothes to be available in my size. And I'm gonna hate waiting for a battery cover that fits MY car!

:hysterical:

Jer

Speaking of clothes in my size, I picked up some new swag at Shelby this week and I have to say how impressed I was with quality and quantity. Internet pics can't really do a lot of their things justice though it wouldn't hurt to get some sexy ladies pictured on the website wearing a few items here and there. :) Merchandise has come a long way since my first visit to Shelby 5-6 years back. A lot of their T's remind me of the quality and design you'd expect at Diesel or True Religion for way less coin. Items that are embroidered are top notch and if I spent any time on the track, I'd snag some track wear without hesitation. Now if only we could get some funky KR T's done up! :)

Hey Jer,

Is there any chance of getting options for the LOGO, Like the KR script etc..

Also what is the chance of having Shelby Performance Parts at Carlisle this year it would be nice to be able to buy some parts or clothing while I am there

"Car-specific" items will not be a big focus for us, the overall Shelby brand will. Not that it will NEVER happen, but it's far less likely.

As for being able to purchase parts at shows, the logistics and expense are a lose-lose proposition. What we ARE trying to do is get out to some shows with a few products for customers to see in person, and to be there to support the customers with advice, tech help, etc.

Jer

I installed one on a 2010, battery cables facing front. Can't get the damn pics to load off the iphone, but there were a few guys who wanted to see it installed before buying. So if you want a pic email me and I'll forward them. Nice quality piece.

If you email the pix to me, I'll process and post them...

Jer

From Steve:

Jer

STEVE1.jpgSTEVE2.jpgSTEVE3.jpgSTEVE4.jpg

STEVE1.jpg

STEVE2.jpg

STEVE3.jpg

STEVE4.jpg

That does look sharp, plus I like that front terminal configuration for easier access to the terminals.

I wouldn't mind seeing a better positive terminal safety cap, just in case something goofy happens like breaking a hood strut or hood strut mount.

Something with a more positive lock or retaining system holding it on.

That could get nasty under there, in a split second.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, just checked. Mine are on the firewall side, too... LOL... So we'll get some done up for the reverse application.

Sigh....

Jer

Been watching for availability for firewall side option. Any status?

On the way.

Thanks,

Jer

For those who have installed one, how did you deal with the tab on the firewall side of the cover? The battery sits so close to the firewall, I am afraid it will end up scratching the paint to get it into place. Is the firewall tab even needed? I assume it is there due to the universal fit.

how about a package deal with the brake cover, battery cover, fuse box cover, PS reservoir cover.. maybe hood struts.. what else :)

some of those do have model specific branding so just add a check box to select which logo for the whole package.

That's what I figured and is probably something that should be added to the install procedure as I don't think it is even possible to get the cover in place with the rear tab installed. Time to get the grinder out!

This is what I had to do!!

I know the Shelby rear facing terminal version is not available yet, but I finished installing the Moroso unit in my '07 and it was a bit of a PITA. For starters, no way to install it without grinding off the rear tabs. Then the fun starts as the positive cable would not go onto the battery with the cable routed over the top of the cover, so it has to be wedged between the cover and firewall. I finally got mine installed and it does look cool, but I doubt Moroso has installed one on this style layout as it is not the best design. I also had to remove the small cowl push pin right above the positive terminal so the cable could get routed behind the cover (or shall I say "forced"). I can post some pictures later once I get the smaller versions uploaded.

Batterycover003_zpsae685fac.jpg

Batterycover008_zps0483a628.jpg

It looks good but seeing those pics makes me wonder about how much of a pain it will be to keep the -ve terminal from making contact when I remove it over winter.

I'm thinking that I'll be sticking with the billet clamp I already have.

• 1 month later...

I'm starting to get a little cranky with you guys! On June 6th, I placed an order for the 2010+ battery cover, and the brake reservoir cover. I received the brake reservoir cover within a few days, but haven't seen, nor heard anything regarding the battery cover. What gives?

Order date: 06/06/2013

Order#: 80958

Shipping to: James McElhinney

Items Ordered: Price: Status:

•1 of : Shelby Battery Cover (2010+)

$99.99 Processing

•1 of : Shelby Fabricated Aluminum Brake Reservoir Cover - Shelby GT500

$59.95 Processing RECEIVED

I'm starting to get a little cranky with you guys! On June 6th, I placed an order for the 2010+ battery cover, and the brake reservoir cover. I received the brake reservoir cover within a few days, but haven't seen, nor heard anything regarding the battery cover. What gives?

Order date: 06/06/2013

Order#: 80958

Shipping to: James McElhinney

Items Ordered: Price: Status:

•1 of : Shelby Battery Cover (2010+)

$99.99 Processing

•1 of : Shelby Fabricated Aluminum Brake Reservoir Cover - Shelby GT500

$59.95 Processing RECEIVED

James,

Sorry to make you cranky. Some of the battery covers came to us missing hardware, so I held all orders until each unit in stock could be hand-inspected to make sure the kit was complete. I apologize for the delay. Your cover actually shipped this morning, I've sent you a PM with the tracking number.

Jer

Jer,

What ever happened to the battery covers for the 05-09 cars? Any update

Jeff

They are in stock.

If the website is being goofy displaying it on your end (it seems to be glitchy), just call your order in.

Jer

They are in stock.

If the website is being goofy displaying it on your end (it seems to be glitchy), just call your order in.

Jer

Ok, thanks, will do. I see it today, I've been looking every so often and I know I didn't see it there yesterday, anyway when you click on the description it states the page cannot be found so I'll call it in.

Thanks again.

Jeff

Ok, thanks, will do. I see it today, I've been looking every so often and I know I didn't see it there yesterday, anyway when you click on the description it states the page cannot be found so I'll call it in.

Thanks again.

Jeff

OK, the Web glitch is fixed. They can again be ordered online.

Jer

• 2 months later...

I still have to install mine... my car was in the paint shop for a few months, so my oil separators, battery cover, coolant tank, and a MASSIVE all-over detailing are on my list.

Plus I'm installing a very cool new Shelby accessory to be announced soon. Just in time for Winter.

:stirpot:

Jer

Archived