TEAM SHELBY FORUM

NEW! Shelby Battery Cover!

Jer

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I might make a recommendation....all photos of parts should be shown on the car as well as stand alone. Especially when it comes to parts that are just for "show" such as this. It's really hard to determine what this looks like in the car without seeing it.

Minor internet technical difficulty/miscommunication on our end. Stay tuned, we're adjusting our rabbit ears right now.

Jer

If I might make a recommendation....all photos of parts should be shown on the car as well as stand alone. Especially when it comes to parts that are just for "show" such as this. It's really hard to determine what this looks like in the car without seeing it.

I agree with you, this is a rare exception. If my car were here today, you'd have that photo!

I just couldn't wait to announce it, it's very cool.

Jer

Link fixed! Sorry for the confusion!

Jer

I gotta look at my battery again...I thought the holes would've been at the firewall side.

They are on the "front" side.

Jer

I gotta look at my battery again...I thought the holes would've been at the firewall side.

+1 I know that mine are on the firewall side. Is the graphic able to be flipped Jer?

That cover is for the 10+ models as their battery connections are on the front unlike the 05-09's that are facing the firewall. After seeing the Moroso cover on Jegs a couple weeks ago, I did a little digging and determined they must have labeled the application incorrectly.

OK, just checked. Mine are on the firewall side, too... LOL... So we'll get some done up for the reverse application.

Sigh....

Jer

Thanks. I really appreciate the support.

I just dropped my head down on my computer keyboard hard enough to get a mild concussion. D'OH!!!!!!!!

I went out to the garage, popped my hood, and my wife and neighbors just heard every cuss word I know, I think.

Jer

Any issues with a metal cover for a battery? Can the metal ends of the cables contact each other through the cover?

No, the cover's cutouts are spaced generously, there is good clearance.

Jer

I like the aluminum battery box idea. Had one in my airplane. It may be a good idea to paint the inside of the box before installing the battery with some acid resistant paint to eliminate corrosion. That was what I used in the airplane. I will be getting on when Jer gets some with the cutouts on the firewall side along with an oil separator LOL.

I like the aluminum battery box idea. Had one in my airplane. It may be a good idea to paint the inside of the box before installing the battery with some acid resistant paint to eliminate corrosion. That was what I used in the airplane. I will be getting on when Jer gets some with the cutouts on the firewall side along with an oil separator LOL.

Funny... we'll get the 2005-2009 battery covers done fast, I already sent an urgent mail to the vendor. The oil separators will be available soon, I decided to torture test them on the dyno with a Shelby 1000 and we came up with a few new modifications that will make them truly "best in class", and well worth the wait.

Jer

Archived