TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Race Ramps

I deleted the PM requesting pictures of the Race Ramps I have. Here are the pictures. Sorry I do not recall who it was that wanted them so I decided to post as it was a GT-H owner. They work great. Very light and two parts so you can access the side of the car. If I recall they are about 10 inches high.

photo (5).JPG

photo (6).JPG

photo (5).JPG

photo (6).JPG

They work great. Very light and two parts so you can access the side of the car. If I recall they are about 10 inches high.

Any chance you know, or can measure the angle on the ramp section with the ramps on level ground?

I measured the angle between where my tire meets the ground (the front of the contact patch) and the bottom of my splitter and all I can climb is a 6 degree incline...Or was it 9 degrees? I lowered my car 1.5" in front and it's LOWWWW.

To get my car up the ramps on the back of my hauler I have to use double ramps, one set placed about half-way down the truck ramps. And that's with a dovetail hauler.

I can't get close to using my garage ramps but could with the car at OE height.

Phill

Phill, for trailer loading, check these out. One of the best purchases I ever made. I have the RR-TR-5 ramps(5" of lift with 4.3 deg approach angle) I used to either try and jack up the front of the trailer or drive the rear tires of the truck up on ramps to get the rear of the trailer down. It is so much easier just throwing these ramps under the door and driving right in. This is the way to go with the lower front end.

http://www.raceramps.com/trailer-ramps-loading-and-hauling-extensions.aspx

SLIDE4-shelby-on-trailer-ramps-BIG.jpg

Phill, for trailer loading, check these out. One of the best purchases I ever made. I have the RR-TR-5 ramps(5" of lift with 4.3 deg approach angle) I used to either try and jack up the front of the trailer or drive the rear tires of the truck up on ramps to get the rear of the trailer down. It is so much easier just throwing these ramps under the door and driving right in. This is the way to go with the lower front end.

http://www.raceramps...extensions.aspx

Now that appears to be a great product. Going to look into a set.

Steve

I measured the angle between where my tire meets the ground (the front of the contact patch) and the bottom of my splitter and all I can climb is a 6 degree incline...Or was it 9 degrees? I lowered my car 1.5" in front and it's LOWWWW.

To get my car up the ramps on the back of my hauler I have to use double ramps, one set placed about half-way down the truck ramps. And that's with a dovetail hauler

Phill

I have a set and, given SGTs are lowered 2", if they work for us they will work for your car. They are not cheap but neither is a new splitter.

Jim

They are not cheap but neither is a new splitter.

Yes, I recently found that out!

$275 from my local dealer, $160 from Tousley.

Phill

Love my 56" 1 piece ramps. The added front splitter clears them easily. They store easily standing up in the corner. Got mine on ebay for $200 shipped.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=race+ramps+56+-%28xtenders%29&_sop=15&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0&_nkw=race+ramps+56+-%28xtender%2C+xtenders%29&_sacat=0

I loved mine so much, I called the Race Ramp people to make Shelby versions. Those who were at the track for the Bash saw the prototypes under my car and Keith Criswell's too.They weigh next to nothing, are "unscootable" (they stay in place, even on ICE) and the 2 piece models make it EASY to change oil, etc...

They made ramps, 8 and 10 inch Wheel Cribs, trailer ramps (no more 2X4s!) , Flatstoppers (long-term pucks you put under your tires to prevent flat-spotting), a whole bunch of stuff, most with Shelby branding.

I ordered a bunch, they are in stock now, available tomorrow, most likely.

Jer

ShelbyRamps.jpg

I loved mine so much, I called the Race Ramp people to make Shelby versions. Those who were at the track for the Bash saw the prototypes under my car and Keith Criswell's too.They weigh next to nothing, are "unscootable" (they stay in place, even on ICE) and the 2 piece models make it EASY to change oil, etc...

They made ramps, 8 and 10 inch Wheel Cribs, trailer ramps (no more 2X4s!) , Flatstoppers (long-term pucks you put under your tires to prevent flat-spotting), a whole bunch of stuff, most with Shelby branding.

Jer

ShelbyRamps.jpg

Damnit Jer!! You are making it real hard to save up money... :hysterical2:

We checked out race ramps at SEMA in 2010. They are an outstanding product and like you said, very light weight. Rick Saute bought some of the displays when they were breaking down the booth and I helped carry them from one display hall to the next where our cars were on display.

Can't wait to see the Shelby branded ones.

Dan

Jer

ShelbyRamps.jpg

Oh thanks, Jer! :confused: I already have a set!

Will you take mine in trade? My regular ramps for a Shelby branded set!?

Sam

I bought a 72"(2 piece)set a few months ago. They really are the trick setup. I couldn't come close to getting my GT up on my old steel garage ramps I bought back in the 60's.

Oh thanks, Jer! :confused: I already have a set!

Will you take mine in trade? My regular ramps for a Shelby branded set!?

Sam

I hear ya, I have both the ramps and Flatstoppers. I seen a while back on Race Ramps Face Book these Shelby ones and wondered where they came from lol.

Nice work Jer!

Archived