TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Pumps Ford F-150 Raptor to 575 hp (Car And Driver)

Shelby Pumps Ford F-150 Raptor to 575 hp, Earth’s Crust Braces for Imminent Pummeling [2013 New York Auto Show]

The only surprising thing about Shelby’s recently unveiled take on Ford’s Raptor is that it took them this long to work one over. After all, Shelby has been operating in near-lockstep with Ford for years, unleashing tuned, tweaked, and twisted versions of Blue Oval products in a reliable cadence.

For the princely starting price of $17,995, the gang at Shelby American will poke and prod a production Raptor’s 6.2-liter V-8 to 575 horsepower, a hearty increase over the stock Raptor’s already randy 411. The additional 164 ponies arrive in the pasture largely due to a 2.9-liter supercharger, a “massive” intercooler, and a Shelby/Borla Exhaust system. Both the supercharger and intercooler come from Whipple (it also supplies Ford Racing with many performance components), as does the ECU re-flash. And you don’t need a brand-spanking-new Raptor to bring it in for the Shelby makeover: John Luft, president of Shelby American, told C/D that current owners are welcome to bring their Raptors to its facility. . .read more here.

here is what I find amusing about this as personally running into this issue when ordering my 08 Shelby GT and 13 GT350 that FORD will still not give the codes to run the Ford Racing Whipplecharger on any Mustang with an Automatic but oh wait a sec what is the Raptor using an Automatic and yet they offer it on the truck... c'mon Ford this is 2013 do not say the transmission cannot handle the torque and I'm sure I'm not the only one who says this

Yea, the Raptor is great and would order one if I had a use for a pickup bed

Archived