TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2013 Raptors!!!

Oh, I will still probably get a Raptor just won't be a Shelby version and yes the issue with the GT350 is part of it and I for one don't believe they should be keeping our take-off parts but mainly because I don't want the Shelby leather interior. I know they got the package price jacked way up and that is not the issue but rather personally I think the factory Raptor seats are way better looking and its a Raptor so I want it to say Raptor on the seat. SAI could have designed their seat covers a lot better than what it is now but it seems it was a rush job as evident by the photos of the 2nd Shelby Raptor prototype which looks great. On the seats if it was stitched to say Shelby Raptor or Raptor by Shelby or a unique Shelby Raptor logo would be cool but as is nah I'll pass. Also, I had Designer Auto Accessories redo my interior on my 08 GT/SC which most all of you have seen and its great and I would probably have them do something for the Raptor so why do I want to pay for the interior twice? If I wanted to be a real hard ass I could say well on the option list for the Raptor, Shelby has the Stealth front bumper listed at $1,999 when ADD who makes it sells it for $1,300 so you figure out that one. The Raptor truck is built for off-road which I intend to do so full leather seats is not ideal as you will slide around like many of us found out the first time we raced our Shelby's at the annual Shelby Bash, hence why my GT/SC has the Alcantara leather inserts because it grips to your clothing much better.

But yea the experience with the GT350 left a very bad taste! We all know what the GT350's cost so when mine arrives with a chip on the front bumper everyone involved plays dumb and 7 months later its still not fixed. After driving it the first time I discover the speedometer is messed up and then fine out they failed to recalibrate it but I have to give a $400 deposit for them to send me the tuner to get it done and don't let me forget about the Recaro's issue, umm at this price range these problems should not be happening!

My first order the 2008 GT/SC from Bud, ZERO problems perfect order... and WE ALL wondered why Bud was let go

Its simple, I don't want the interior and they say they can't delete it... makes NO sense since everything is a custom order anyway

I'd rather to get the $3000 in otions than changing the seats. the raptor seats are awesome

• 3 weeks later...

Msrp on Raptor also here. Also will handle the drop ship to Shelby.

Taking orders on 2014's now. #16 already spoken for.

Mario Wells 918-813-9195

Tulsa,Oklahoma

I was told that all 2014 Raptors might be Red with no other color option, is this true

I think you're confusing it with the limited-edition truck that's coming out, it will be available only in metallic red.

I think you're confusing it with the limited-edition truck that's coming out, it will be available only in metallic red.

Yeah, you beat me to the punch. I was thinking he probably had the LE's mixed up with ALL Raptors. Easy to understand. Someone says "All 2014 Limited Edition Raptors will be Red" and some may not realize the the LE is a special edition of the "limited" Raptors.

Maybe....

Phill

Yeah, you beat me to the punch. I was thinking he probably had the LE's mixed up with ALL Raptors. Easy to understand. Someone says "All 2014 Limited Edition Raptors will be Red" and some may not realize the the LE is a special edition of the "limited" Raptors.

Maybe....

Phill

Yea I know this but had a conversation with a person yesterday who mentioned this could happen. I didn't say it was going to happen but person said there will be no Raptor for 2015 as Ford redesigning the F150 but then the Raptor will return for 2016 but person said there was a possibility that Ford says all 2014 Raptors are the special edition. Makes no difference to me just repeating what I was told

Yea I know this but had a conversation with a person yesterday who mentioned this could happen. I didn't say it was going to happen but person said there will be no Raptor for 2015 as Ford redesigning the F150 but then the Raptor will return for 2016 but person said there was a possibility that Ford says all 2014 Raptors are the special edition. Makes no difference to me just repeating what I was told

Not gonna happen, no way - no how. They will come in all the regular colors, and probably replace either Terrain or Blue Flame with something new.... probably another orange or red. Then the limited edition model, which ONLY comes in a metallic red. 2014 will be the last year of the Raptor, but we won't see it again... maybe ever. The next SVT truck will likely NOT be an off-road type vehicle. The Raptor was extraordinarily successful but its time to freshen the lineup once again and its getting harder and harder to sell cars and trucks with big displacement. Just a fact.

Not gonna happen, no way - no how. They will come in all the regular colors, and probably replace either Terrain or Blue Flame with something new.... probably another orange or red. Then the limited edition model, which ONLY comes in a metallic red. 2014 will be the last year of the Raptor, but we won't see it again... maybe ever. The next SVT truck will likely NOT be an off-road type vehicle. The Raptor was extraordinarily successful but its time to freshen the lineup once again and its getting harder and harder to sell cars and trucks with big displacement. Just a fact.

Just a fact, how do you know I wasn't speaking to someone who is actually on the SVT team? To say its never coming back is naïve

If I make a comment regarding a vehicle usually it comes from the Horse's mouth and not the donkey

If you say so.... I don't have a quaral with you about horses, you asked and I answered. I work with the horses. I meant no offense....

• 2 weeks later...

when do the order banks open on tremor?

No word yet, but all indications are it will be built. All indications are that next year will be the last for the Raptor, at least in this iteration.

i got 1 in the Bank already

Appears you are correct. Had to give SVT a call to confirm, but apparently they are not actually going into the order banks until next month. I usually don't take the orders until I can input them, but some dealerships will I suspect. Should be a very cool truck. You should be one of the first.... hope we get to hear your impressions.

Archived