TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Looking for a great body shop with experience working on late model Mustangs

Fat Boss

I thought about it. There's a GB '13 nearby that I could have bought. But in the end I like the '12 better, mostly in the front end looks. The car I bought was probably about $6k cheaper considering everything. Plus I still have my 12 BOSS plates. Anyone know what I need to do to transfer the plate over to my new car?

First, Congrats.

Second, just go to AAA, they will have everything you need to transfer the plates, and no standing in line at the DMV!

:hysterical2: You Boss owners crack me up !

I'm just jealous!

Recently a declassified surveillance photo from a spy satellite clearly shows some major concern the in the body language of my good friend Tom. It is very much appreciated! Thanks Tom. I'd run to you too! :grouphug:

SpringMtnTowTruck_zpsf1c0f8dc.jpg

Hi Fat Boss,

Congrats on your new toy!! What auction did your Boss go to, do you know? Saw the pics of the wreck and was at the BASH. I was one of the few that felt it was not too bad....perfect track car when fixed...

Alex

Alex,

I agree it would be a great track car. The car was towed to Copart in San Martin, CA. I called them a couple weeks ago and they said they're just holding it for now and the insuranace co will auction it off. You might try calling them if you're interested. BTW that car had no oil consumption, a PERFECT clutch, and a very sweet trans. It still had the P springs and MM C/C's on it as well.

Andy

Thanks, Andy, for not only clarifying the oil consumption issue (that was my next question!!), but also telling me about the MM C.C plates which end up on all my builds in the long run, and the P springs Glad the clutch is fine too. I replaced mine already in my '13 SBY LS when I did the Tremec Magnum XL trans 3 weeks ago. My original clutch looked brand new too. I just worries about the MT-82 transmission with my Kenne Bell.

I have a Copart account (for 16 years now), so I will bid on it. How many miles were on it?

Again, I am so happy you were not hurt physically ( probably mentally :( though ), and that you have a new one now.

Alex

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. As it turned out my primary insurance gave me 41k after my deductible and towed it away. Yesterday I flew (my arms are still tired..) to San Diego and picked up an identical model with 12k miles and sporting a new MT82 with 1k miles. Can has a Steeda shifter, two post shifter bracket, GT500 wing, Ford Racing Laguna Seca type 3 gauge pod on the top of the dash with FR volts, temp, and oil press, MM C/C plates, Koni Yellow's, and H & R race springs. The springs are a bit too stiff for my liking so I'll likely swap them out with either what I had before- Ford Racing P springs, or the just announced Ford Racing Boss 302 springs. I'll wait and see how I like them at the track at any rate. The car doesn't have LCA's or brackets but I pulled mine off the old car and they're still fine, like most of that last car. I've already slapped my Boss 302 S grill and custom lower grill on so the familiarity is coming on strong!

I think the stiff ride is the Konis.

Thanks, Andy, for not only clarifying the oil consumption issue (that was my next question!!), but also telling me about the MM C.C plates which end up on all my builds in the long run, and the P springs Glad the clutch is fine too. I replaced mine already in my '13 SBY LS when I did the Tremec Magnum XL trans 3 weeks ago. My original clutch looked brand new too. I just worries about the MT-82 transmission with my Kenne Bell.

I have a Copart account (for 16 years now), so I will bid on it. How many miles were on it?

Again, I am so happy you were not hurt physically ( probably mentally :( though ), and that you have a new one now.

Alex

Thanks Alex. The car had about 26,500 miles on it. The oil was changed many times, the trans once to factory ford oil and then once to MTL which is in it. I also replaced the diff fluid after break in.

I think the stiff ride is the Konis.

It could be. They are on the least stiff setting. I'll play around with them, but I've already ordered the P's. The H&R's are too low for my liking in any event. Several bump stop hits and once nearly airborn. For the track they'd be fine but for a street and track Boss it's really hard to beat them P's.

Archived