TEAM SHELBY FORUM

$1400 Question

Just came across $1400 and would like to know what would be some great investments for my 2011 GT500? I already have wheels and the VMP pulley/idler kit along with Koni adjustible shocks and Eicbach springs. I also have the FRPP resonator as well. What else would make great choice(s) to consider for the little amount I have aside to play with?

Send that Resonator back, and re-do you whole intake with a JLT BigAir, larger throttle body (Cobra Jet 65 or L&M 66) and VMP's High-Flow Elbow. If you go this route, you'll need to have a new tune. These 3 items should be around the $1400 mark....good luck!

What do you want to do with the car? You can do quite a bit with $1400, but it has to go into parts that are relevant to your interests (drag racing/auto cross, etc.).

I've heard rumors of a Shelby "Spring Cleaning Sale" coming soon. Don't know how true that is...

Oh, wait, yes I do.

Jer

Send that Resonator back, and re-do you whole intake with a JLT BigAir, larger throttle body (Cobra Jet 65 or L&M 66) and VMP's High-Flow Elbow. If you go this route, you'll need to have a new tune. These 3 items should be around the $1400 mark....good luck!

I have a radically different opinion.

IF the car has a bigger blower the mods above make sense.

Since you still have the stock eaton, the Ford 113 cai is quite good and flows well above your HP level. The TB doesn't add as much on just a pulley/tune car. The elbow only really adds power if your blower is ported to match. Don't take my word for it. Ask BJ or Justin from VMP.

Since you live in the south job #1 should be a dual fan heat exchanger period. On top of that I would get UCA, LCA's and a panhard bar & brace to center the wheels.

Archived