TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT/SC vision

AstroDan

Very interesting. Tasca is a very strong performance Ford Dealer and I would think it would have to be an issue with copy right monies otherwise they would still be doing them. I hope they get it worked out.

I Still have my car and even though I am past due for a new toy I can't seem to part with it. The GT/SC is just an incredible performance machine with killer looks.

Just thought I would mix it up a little

I love those black CS-69's you have there! Perfect!

BTW, Ford has announced a new bored and stroked Aluminator 46X "4.6" that actually displaces 5.0 liters.

Eagle rods and crank, Mahle pistons, all good stuff. See my attachment.

Jer

image001.jpg

Interesting.@ $5k, reasonable too.

I would assume I/you could go with the the stock 3v heads on this? 10.8/1 compression not for SCapplications though?

Still here in CT. I took the car out on Sunday for the first time this year. It's always a good feeling when your car turns heads by guys driving a car they spent more money to purchase. Looking for more warm weather so I can put on the parts I bought last year. I would love more HP but a destroyed bottom end is not pretty. I've seen one with a Whipple that let go it was a mess. It looked like the machine shop floor at work. Happy driving no matter where your car was modified. -Kevin

• 2 weeks later...

Very interesting, when I got mine done Tasca was running an Outstanding deal, it was a terrible winter and they were trying to drum up some business, they limited the deal to the first 4-5 cars or something like that, a few of us jumped on it. It was Significantly Cheaper than what they go for today (It was significantly cheaper than what they went for bakc then), glad I did it when I did. Dennis was absolutely Outstanding to work with, I have been back 2-3 times since getting other stuff done. They do not nickel and dime anything, if something they do the opposite.

Although I would be proud to get my car done at either shop I have heard much less issues come out of Tasca. I love the fact they will do the Shelby Package plus anything else you want.

I would not hesitate to use them, they are a Class Act in every way.

Carnut12, my car was one of the five cars done the same week as your car was done. We talked in the parking lot when you were loading the car to take it home.Tom

Carnut12, my car was one of the five cars done the same week as your car was done. We talked in the parking lot when you were loading the car to take it home.Tom

I remember talking to a few folks, one was from NY that had a white car like mine, I forgot his name but he was with his wife. I did not load my car up, I drove it home.

Our deal was so good they erased all the posts, I am so happy I decided to do it, it was significantly less than it costs now.

You have less miles than me, I have 13K miles, I just drove it today, Love this car!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

My car is currently at Tasca for several upgrades including all forged internals, custom cams, upgraded clutch, 10 rib kit, etc., etc... I had my SGT officially upgraded to GT/SC there last year and got the car back in September. The end result was great and Dennis is a genius and knows his $#!+ when it comes to tuning, but the process in the middle was a nightmare and one of the most frustrating things I've ever dealt with. Now Roger is running the show out there and I can't be happier with the customer service I'm getting with this round of mods. I will post pictures and details of everything once I get my car back...which is tentatively June 7th!

I drove my SGT-California to Shelby last Thursday to have the SC upgrade installed. Going with the polished Kenne Bell. It was an awesome experience! I was able to meet Jer and Keith and had good conversation about our cars. Jeremy was very helpful and great to work with! It was a busy day there with approx. 60 people on the museum tour and two Super Snake Museum Deliveries. I can't wait to get back to Vegas whe it's finished and drive her home!

I think we might finally have a decent tune on my Aluminator/Paxton. Here's a video clip in front of the tuners shop last Friday. This one is not near as good as the first one I did. On this second one, the tires were already hot and sticky so the launch was not near as good. On the first, I got it up to over 80 mph in third gear before I let off the brake. We measured over 100 yards of double marks. This one only made it about 30 yards before the tires stuck.

http://s874.photobuc...zpsa7e3ed66.mp4

• 1 month later...

might need to change that statement to something more truthful... "still here and still smoking BONE STOCK 500's with a HEAVILY-MODDED Mustang GT"

Got it bad, huh?

Bring yours on.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still here. Moved from Cali to the Sunshine state down in Key Largo. No place to go fast here at all. Too many cops and other cars. But I have about 20 something thousand on mine. I take it pretty easy on her. I am interested in knowing more about that fuel rail issue if anyone can clue me in.

I did not drive the car in the rain the entire time in California but I have gotten caught in the rain down here many times. Oh well, it's just a car I guess.

Drive safe out there and keep it in between the ditches.

Archived