TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT/SC vision

AstroDan

Yah ,Yah (real) Carnut, the rest of us with the 550 Whipples don't count in you opinon. Factory Supercharged should say "Mod Shop Supercharged". ;)

Sorry, it's worth what someone else will pay fot it, nothing more.

Yah ,Yah (real) Carnut, the rest of us with the 550 Whipples don't count in you opinon. Factory Supercharged should say "Mod Shop Supercharged". ;)

Sorry, it's worth what someone else will pay fot it, nothing more.

I think you replied to the wrong post................ :salute:

Then I have no idea what your post means. If you are saying a Real GT/SC is from an Authorized Mod shop than that is a true statement, that does not make it any better than one Supercharged somewhere else, but the only True Shelby GT/SC's IMO are the ones done at an Authorized Mod Shop.

"but the only True Shelby GT/SC's IMO are the ones done at an Authorized Mod Shop."

We know that. They will never understand it. A Whipple 550 is a Whipple 550, but it is not a Shelby certified GT/SC if it is not done per their requirements. That is just the way it is.

My GTH/SC is currently at the tuner. Haven't been able to drive this thing in over a year now since it went boom. I've put about 100 miles on it, but just mellow trying to get some break in miles on the new aluminator before we push it hard on the dyno. Now we are getting goofy MAP readings from where the Mass Air sensor is. So ordered more parts to move the MAF over to the intake tube after the intercooler. Hopefully that will do the trick and I'm only a few weeks away from serious fun! Hoping to be around 525-550 at the rear wheels. With the converter and 4:10 gears, this thing better be around a 12 flat in the quarter here at mile high altitude.000_0004.jpg000_0005.jpg

Sorry to hear yours blew, did you have the Ford Racing Tune? I have not heard of any problems with anyone that kept the Ford Tune, just curious if you know what the cause was?

I drove in Adams with the Aluminator, that thing was unreal, I hope it all gets worked out.

I have a Paxton, so no Ford tune. It blew right after reducing the size of the pulley and a new custom tune. I just found the reason it blew a few weeks ago however. There was an issue in the fuel tank that caused one side to go empty without reading on the gauge. It went lean due to lack of fuel and detonated.AfterIntercooler5.jpg

I have a Paxton, so no Ford tune. It blew right after reducing the size of the pulley and a new custom tune. I just found the reason it blew a few weeks ago however. There was an issue in the fuel tank that caused one side to go empty without reading on the gauge. It went lean due to lack of fuel and detonated.AfterIntercooler5.jpg

Jeff, thanks for posting the cause. I was really surprised when it happened as mine has had no issues since it was installed back in 2009. Even your re-tune should not have caused that. To that end, you now have a beast.

"but the only True Shelby GT/SC's IMO are the ones done at an Authorized Mod Shop."

We know that. They will never understand it. A Whipple 550 is a Whipple 550, but it is not a Shelby certified GT/SC if it is not done per their requirements. That is just the way it is.

You are lucky you had yours done at Tasca when you did. Evidently, SS and GT/SC upgrades can ONLY be done in Las Vegas now. Having it done at Tasca results in a modified GT not a GT/SC

For those who apparently do not know......

GT/SCs were all modified. They began life as SGTs. They returned to Shelby in Vegas, or an authorized Mod shop, for the upgrade. And the factory supercharged sticker means you paid the "Shelby tax" which means you supported the Shelby causes. We all know we may have gotten the same hardware installed elsewhere for less money. We chose the direction we went purposefully.

You are lucky you had yours done at Tasca when you did. Evidently, SS and GT/SC upgrades can ONLY be done in Las Vegas now. Having it done at Tasca results in a modified GT not a GT/SC

Really that is news to me, when was this announced? I am very curious? Roger???

If this is the case I think Tasca should come out with their own Packages similar to what Shelby and Roush do, I would bet they would be insane and a better value for those that can not afford Shelby or Roush.

Really that is news to me, when was this announced? I am very curious? Roger???

If this is the case I think Tasca should come out with their own Packages similar to what Shelby and Roush do, I would bet they would be insane and a better value for those that can not afford Shelby or Roush.

Don't know that there has been any official announcement. However, I spoke to Roger and SAI last week and both verified that the SS and SGT/SC can only be done in Las Vegas. I was thinking of having our SGT upgraded at Tasca but was told that is not possible. They can do all of the upgrades but it will not be listed in the registry as a SGT/SC

Very interesting, when I got mine done Tasca was running an Outstanding deal, it was a terrible winter and they were trying to drum up some business, they limited the deal to the first 4-5 cars or something like that, a few of us jumped on it. It was Significantly Cheaper than what they go for today (It was significantly cheaper than what they went for bakc then), glad I did it when I did. Dennis was absolutely Outstanding to work with, I have been back 2-3 times since getting other stuff done. They do not nickel and dime anything, if something they do the opposite.

Although I would be proud to get my car done at either shop I have heard much less issues come out of Tasca. I love the fact they will do the Shelby Package plus anything else you want.

I would not hesitate to use them, they are a Class Act in every way.

I have a Paxton, so no Ford tune. It blew right after reducing the size of the pulley and a new custom tune. I just found the reason it blew a few weeks ago however. There was an issue in the fuel tank that caused one side to go empty without reading on the gauge. It went lean due to lack of fuel and detonated.

What was your HP goal with the smaller pulley before it blew up? I'm trying to get a read on what size pulley (and what kind of power it would make) on a Paxton I can get away with on a stock internals motor.

My experience with Dennis Gomez and Tasca was so good that I would do it all over again even if it meant not getting the Shelby Supercharged plaque. It took about a month and I have had no issues. And 400 miles to Tasca vs 2500 miles to Vegas is a big difference. I guess us east coasters with GT/SCs just got a price boost. Anyone want to buy a genuine Shelby GT/SC with 9k miles for $50k? :)

Check out this deal at Tasca......

http://tascamodshop.com/

Scroll down to the supercharger deal.

Looking at the Shelby site it appears they no longer do GT/SC upgrades either. At least I don't see it listed anywhere.

wish mine would blowup lol first I have to drive it enough its just not a real big fan of the 4.6 prefer the new 5.0 even with the gay Coyote name

The Shelby site has not listed the SGT/SC upgrades for some time. They did have it in their catalog but there does not seem to be a valid link to the catalog anymore. If you ask them about it, they are still providing information and the deposit and option sheets.

Still here and still smoking 500's.

Nice!

I understand the stock fuel rails can starve the rear drivers side under heavy acceleration if the tank is getting low on fuel. Are your rail stock?

I was told from SAI some time ago that no matter what I do to my car in the future, it will always be an official GT/SC.

I've put about 100 miles on it, but just mellow trying to get some break in miles on the new aluminator before we push it hard on the dyno.

The alluminator is what I want. I've got a call into AED in Cameron Park, Ca for a quote, but I don't think FR makes the 281 Alluminator anymore :(

Is that what you put in? 281 or 302? If 302, how are parts compatibility?

Sweet ride you've got there.

I understand the stock fuel rails can starve the rear drivers side under heavy acceleration if the tank is getting low on fuel. Are your rail stock?

My rails are still stock. My detonation started in the front cylinder of the passenger side. This is the drivers side front cylinder in the lower picture. The remainder of the pistons were in the bottom of the oilpan.

My new aluminator is the 281 standard compression motor.

120_0084.jpg

Damage5.jpg

The Shelby site has not listed the SGT/SC upgrades for some time. They did have it in their catalog but there does not seem to be a valid link to the catalog anymore. If you ask them about it, they are still providing information and the deposit and option sheets.

We still offer this upgrade, absolutely.

Jer

BTW, Ford has announced a new bored and stroked Aluminator 46X "4.6" that actually displaces 5.0 liters.

Eagle rods and crank, Mahle pistons, all good stuff. See my attachment.

Jer

image001.jpg

Archived