TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Horsepower and Torque Expectations

dustyp714

I am a proud new owner of a 2012 GT500 and of course, I am starting to play with it. I was wondering what kind of performance gains I should expect when I add a magnaflow 3" cat back exhaust, 2.65 SC pulley and a diablo tune. I know that Ford Lists my car at 550 HP and 510 ft-lb torque. What should I expect after these modifications?

I'm sure it will help and you'll notice a difference, but if you're going to spend the money, check out VMP or Revan Racing for their power package. You can bet you'll get the most bang for your buck and it'll be right. Trust me. The car will be like a different animal.

I am a proud new owner of a 2012 GT500 and of course, I am starting to play with it. I was wondering what kind of performance gains I should expect when I add a magnaflow 3" cat back exhaust, 2.65 SC pulley and a diablo tune. I know that Ford Lists my car at 550 HP and 510 ft-lb torque. What should I expect after these modifications?

Congratulations BTW.

• 1 year later...

I have a 2012 GT500 w SVT package, glass roof, recaro leather etc.... Had the performance power pkg (www.wm ing.com) installed at their shop on outskirts of Calgary.... Pkg consists of: Steeda CAI, Steeda pulley, BBK 65 mm throttle body and SCT X4 Lund tune.... When stock my Dyno readings: 483 RWHP 473 ft/lbs torque.... on a hot day as shop indicated (I have this on paper because it was my first service on the vehicle)....After adding this performance package, my first and lasting impression is.... holy crap.... that's just about as much power as I really need to handle on the street.... what's the point in having too much power if you cannot/not stop from breaking loose....... More than enough power... I am more than happy with what I have..... and I love my 2012 Shelby GT500.... (I've owned 2005 Mustang GT, very nice car.... a 2008 Mustang Bullitt, a beautiful car)....but this Shelby GT500 is so much more than a Mustang.... It's in a class of its own...

I could not stand it any longer.... last week I booked some time at the SVT section of Brown Bros Ford, Vancouver BC for the 2nd Dyno test ..... results as follows:

Stock: 483 RWHP 473 ft/lbs torque

Mods: 540 RWHP 505 ft/lbs torque......

A seat of the pants gain of 57 RWHP... and 28 ft/lbs torque..... It just wants to shred the tires .... made a world of difference. Is it the fastest GT500 around.... no/no ... not by a long shot... plenty of 2013/2014 models out there who, in turn, have upped the ante on their machines..... But I am running in good company..... I figure this is about as far as I wish to go with this car. It is more than enough to get me in trouble.... If I can dump some weight but that will be difficult to do without sacrificing some luxuries..... We've gone just about as far as we can go.....

I have a 2012 GT500 w SVT package, glass roof, recaro lether etc.... Had the performance power pkg (www.wm ing.com) installed at their shop on outskirts of Calgary.... Pkg consists of: Steeda CAI, Steeda pulley, BBK 65 mm throttle body and SCT X4 Lund tune.... When stock my Dyno readings: 483 RWHP 473 ft/lbs torque.... on a hot day as shop indicated (I have this on paper because it was my first service on the vehicle)....After adding this performance package, my first and lasting impression is.... holy crap.... that's just about as much power as I really need to handle on the street.... what's the point in having too much power if you cannot/not stop from breaking loose....... More than enough power... I am more than happy with what I have..... and I love my 2012 Shelby GT500.... (I've owned 2005 Mustang GT, very nice car.... a 2008 Mustang Bullitt, a beautiful car)....but this Shelby GT500 is so much more than a Mustang.... It's in a class of its own...

Have to agree. Had a blown 05 that I loved, still have the Bullitt, but it's a whole new world with the Shelby. I did the JLT big air CAI with a Lund tune. Talk about a wake up call. Still surprises me at times, like when it starts to break loose about half way through second gear.....D coupon ride........

Mike

Archived