TEAM SHELBY FORUM

"Brand New" 2007 White SGT

talladega

A friend of mine has an essentially new SGT that he intends to try selling at auction. He drove it a few miles home from the dealership and put it in storage. He's a long-time car guy so it was stored properly.

Firstly, I'm curious what the concensus is on what kind of price you guys think it might bring.

Secondly, I'd hate to just have him take it to auction if someone here is looking for that type car to keep or to drive.

Brad

Hi guys

Kbb.com doesn't even have SGT's as a Mustang model and NADA says about $28000. Would you sell a zero mile SGT for that? I believe those guides do a poor job of valuing cars with any potential collectability. Everything is just a used car to them and they certainly favor the dealer or insurance company in valuing a car. That said, it is only worth what someone will pay for it. Sorry if this sounds like a rant!

Brad

I agree $30K would be about right, it also depends on options, for $30K it should be loaded. If I owned it I would be happy to get $30K. I sometimes wonder what I would get if I sold, but I have over $60K invested in mine, I still think much over $30-35K would be difficult and mine is a Certified GT/SC.

If he gets enough attention, he may do well at auction. Depending on the CSM number and with the passing of Mr. Shelby, as well as the low/no miles on the car, it's entirely possible to go over 30k. Need a detailed options list as well, rare interior colors and the like garner collectors.

Sam

It's a shame when people buy cars and think they will double their money in 5 years. It simply doesn't happen. Now he'll sell it for not much more than any other used Shelby GT (and about 1/2 of what he paid), and have missed out on the fun of driving it. The SGT is a very fun car to drive.

I agree $30K would be about right, it also depends on options, for $30K it should be loaded. If I owned it I would be happy to get $30K. I sometimes wonder what I would get if I sold, but I have over $60K invested in mine, I still think much over $30-35K would be difficult and mine is a Certified GT/SC.

I have never seen a real GT/SC for sale. I would think $35 would be easy to get for it if had under 10,000 miles. But that's just me.

I agree on all points!

Hi guys

Kbb.com doesn't even have SGT's as a Mustang model and NADA says about $28000. Would you sell a zero mile SGT for that? I believe those guides do a poor job of valuing cars with any potential collectability. Everything is just a used car to them and they certainly favor the dealer or insurance company in valuing a car. That said, it is only worth what someone will pay for it. Sorry if this sounds like a rant!

Brad

Kbb.com does have it as a "Shelby package" if you go through all the steps. I think those guides are just that, as is anyone's opinion here. The jury is still out regarding "collectibility"' and I think that answer may be many years away.

You hit the nail on the head though...it's worth is whatever someone is willing to pay for it...and hopefully that's a good, high number.

I have never seen a real GT/SC for sale. I would think $35 would be easy to get for it if had under 10,000 miles. But that's just me.

You are right it is very rare, I have seen only a few for sale in the past 5 years so it is very difficult to know what the market will bring. Good thing is I am not selling, my car has 13,000 miles. I would think $35K would be about right, but again it would take a buyer that knows what they are buying.

I hope it is worth more, mine is paid off, every year I will continue to make it mine. I plan to paint the stripes and get the Interior Upgrade at some point, after those I think I am done with mods.

• 2 weeks later...

I was watching when that went thru.The announcers commented that money was gt 500 money.My first thought was now what?Drive or let it sit? Give me a 30 or 40 thousand mile car and drive the--- out of it.

Archived