TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New 2009 KR owner with questions

Gotboost?

I'm a new 2009 KR owner living in Colorado. I have had this beautiful car less than a week and I am loving it. As a new owner I am trying to gather all of the correct items this car originally came with, but unfortunately, I don't really know what is unique or came with the car when new. I have discovered a few things searching this site, but still have questions:

1. Did they come with a specific car cover? If so, where can I get one?

2. Where can I get a Shelby GT500KR supplement owners manual. I recently ordered the 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Owners Manual Guide Supplement and 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Owner Manual Supplement. Is there any other documentation? Fortunately, I did get the leather bound portfolio.

3. Where can I get a KR certificate of authenticity. Was this only available to the original purchaser?

4. What floor mats came with the 2009 KR? Where there different options available?

5. Mine didn't have the brake ducts bezels in the lower grill so I assume the original owner didn't install them. I can get the bezels from Shelby. Did the KRs also have the duct work and backing plates? My lower grill isn't precut. Where they originally?

6. My build date is 20080917. I have read and heard a little about a TSB affecting clutches and I think mine is ok. Is there a specific date cutoff date?

7. What script came with the KRs door sill plates? Mine say SVT, but I have seen pics that say Shelby. Are they supposed to be lighted?

I am in the middle of a blizzard that is supposed to last until tomorrow so I will post more pics when the weather clears. In the meantime here are a few I took when I got her home.

Thanks,

David

post-40618-0-59213500-1364075540_thumb.jpg

post-40618-0-35754000-1364075549_thumb.jpg

post-40618-0-59213500-1364075540_thumb.jpg

post-40618-0-35754000-1364075549_thumb.jpg

David wrote:

I think they came with the same cover as the standard GT500 did. It was a $375 option when I bought my car. You can buy one at any Ford dealer but I think they are about $100 more than if you got it with the car. It has a Cobra logo on the front and "SHELBY" across the back. It's a nice custom fitted cover. Mine gets lots of use.

4. What floor mats came with the 2009 KR? Where there different options available?

I think you can still get the original type KR floor mats from Shelby Perf. Parts. Someone else will know more....

5. Mine didn't have the brake ducts bezels in the lower grill so I assume the original owner didn't install them. I can get the bezels from Shelby. Did the KRs also have the duct work and backing plates? My lower grill isn't precut. Where they originally?

Hmm. That's not good. The KR's came with the bezels installed in the grille but the brake duct kit in a box in the trunk. That means someone changed out the grille on yours. I have a brand new OEM Ford Racing brake duct kit sitting in my garage I'll sell for what I paid for it (I think it was $120, or $119, something like that. With you being so close, no shipping would apply. I'm not sure if they're still available from some of the Ford Racing sellers but I know Ford Racing stopped making them a couple of years ago. Mine is also in a cherry box (when you buy aftermarket they ship in the box and ruin it with shipping lables and scuff marks!).

7. What script came with the KRs door sill plates? Mine say SVT, but I have seen pics that say Shelby. Are they supposed to be lighted?

Gosh, I could'a swore they had KR specific door sill scuff plates on 'em. Again, someone with more KR knowledge than I will chime in.

I am in the middle of a blizzard that is supposed to last until tomorrow so I will post more pics when the weather clears. In the meantime here are a few I took when I got her home.

Yeah, MEE TOO! It's NASTY outside! I was out working on my car hauler yesterday and today it's blowing snow at about 50mph.

Look me up when the dust settles!

Phill

Question

# 1. No, get one at most Ford dealerships. FRPP dealers. Call Tousley Ford 651-484-8888 they have by far the lowest prices on stock Ford parts I have found.

#2. Ford dealership

#3. Check with the Shelby Store.

#4. Shelby KR and Shelby GT floor mats are the same, they have a metal emblem on them. No other options available when new. Shelby Store offers additional options for floor mats

#5.Yes, you can get the from a FRPP dealer, they came with the car new in the trunk.

#6. Your car most likely will have the old style clutch assembly. My car is 911 and I had the TSB done. There is a cut off date, has nothing to do with the Shelby build number. Do a search on TSB. It was researched by a Moderator "Grabber"

#7. Sill plates came stock with SVT same as all GT500's. Shelby store offers "GT500" and "GT500KR" labeled sill plate upgrades

2010KonaBlueGT,

I will get back to you on the Ford Racing kit after the weather clears this week. BTW, your inbox is full so I wasn't able to PM you.

David

David,

My Team Shelby membership was expired and I alerted Tim that I hadn't renewed so they revoked my "paid" status. That might be why you can't use my PM box (not sure if a "non TS member" has PM priveledges or not).

I'll check my PM box just in case but never the less, contact me at my e-mail address <phill.pollard@comcast.net>

I sometimes don't check my PM's for weeks and I check e-mail daily.

Sorry about that,

Phill

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I'm late to the party.

1. Did they come with a specific car cover? If so, where can I get one? KR did not come with a car cover. It wasn't even an option.

2. Where can I get a Shelby GT500KR supplement owners manual. I recently ordered the 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Owners Manual Guide Supplement and 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Owner Manual Supplement. Is there any other documentation? Fortunately, I did get the leather bound portfolio.I believe someone answered that already

3. Where can I get a KR certificate of authenticity. Was this only available to the original purchaser?Originally sent to the dealer. You may not be able to get this.

4. What floor mats came with the 2009 KR? Where there different options available?Someone posted the floormats. You can probably still get them through Shelby.

5. Mine didn't have the brake ducts bezels in the lower grill so I assume the original owner didn't install them. I can get the bezels from Shelby. Did the KRs also have the duct work and backing plates? My lower grill isn't precut. Where they originally?Sounds like you're missing the front brake cooling kit (came in a white box in the trunk) and sounds like someone swapped out your lower grill. All KR grills were pre-drilled and had black plastic plugs covering the openings. Can you show us a pic of your lower grill?

6. My build date is 20080917. I have read and heard a little about a TSB affecting clutches and I think mine is ok. Is there a specific date cutoff date?Yes there's a cut off date. Slips my mind but Rob would know. PM member "Grabber", he knows the date.

7. What script came with the KRs door sill plates? Mine say SVT, but I have seen pics that say Shelby. Are they supposed to be lighted?The non lighted SVT plates are stock. The KR plates were special orders through Shelby. Comes with the CSM # engraved in it.

• 2 weeks later...

My carfax shows the car sat on a dealer's lot for about a year and was purchased by a single owner. There are no indications of damage to the bumper or a repaint so maybe the damage was just to the grill? For some reason My KR also didn't have the original floor mats, brake duct hoses, owner's manual/documentation, and Shelby documentation. Hopefully, I will be able to track that stuff down.

David

Jody, I believe you're in WI, correct? If your TSB was performed here in WI or nearby, can you tell me which dealer did it and if you were satisfied? Thanks :)

Would also like to see your KR in person sometime and the mods you've done. LMK if you get over to the east side of the state and we can put our 2 vista blue's together for a photo!

For some reason My KR also didn't have the original floor mats, brake duct hoses,

It's common for the brake cooling kit to be missing from the trunk. Quite a few went missing at the dealership. They remove the box from the trunk for showing the car and PERHAPS it's a oversight on the delivery but they seem to turn up 'missing' quite a lot.

Yours isn't the first to be sans brake cooling kit but it IS the first I've seen without the duct bezels in the grille.

That might have been a choice by the original owner. If he wasn't going to install the cooling ducts perhaps he just replaced the lower grille with a 'base' GT500 grille.

Any chance you can get the original owners name and ask him/her?

Phill

I'm a new 2009 KR owner living in Colorado. I have had this beautiful car less than a week and I am loving it. As a new owner I am trying to gather all of the correct items this car originally came with, but unfortunately, I don't really know what is unique or came with the car when new. I have discovered a few things searching this site, but still have questions:

You can order a beautiful silver one with blue stripes with the CSM tacked on from ShelbyStore.com

2. Where can I get a Shelby GT500KR supplement owners manual. I recently ordered the 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Owners Manual Guide Supplement and 2009 Ford Mustang Shelby GT500 Owner Manual Supplement. Is there any other documentation? Fortunately, I did get the leather bound portfolio.

The GT500KR supplement is only available through ShelbyStore.com, not a Ford dealer. There was not a leather bound portfolio.

3. Where can I get a KR certificate of authenticity. Was this only available to the original purchaser?

You can get one of these through ShelbyStore.com

The same mats that came in the 2007-2008 Shelby GT. These are also available to owners via ShelbyStore.com, but you must call to get them.

The ducts are available through ShelbyStore.com. The duct kit itself (minus bezels) is a Ford Racing Kit.

6. My build date is 20080917. I have read and heard a little about a TSB affecting clutches and I think mine is ok. Is there a specific date cutoff date?

The sill plates are not SVT, they are GT500KR with the CSM number in them. You can order these through Shelby Store too, however, you must call. They were never lighted.

Thanks,

David

• 4 weeks later...

I too will be a new KR owner as I bought an 08 #664 on May 11th. Per the selling Dealership , all the extras mentioned above are part of my car. I would like to get more info on the TSB. What do I need to know. My car has only 704 miles.

Archived