TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Goodyear F-1 Supercar tires on the 2011 SVT GT-500

jrcjr65

My 2011 GT 500 has about 11k in it. Don't burn rubber or drive it hard at all but when the Ford service advisor was looking over my car today

he says "almost time for some new tires." I told him I hope not account the low milage but now it has me wondering if anyone else

has heard this? I'm not going to be happy paying $1700.00 for a new set of tires every 11k miles if this is what these Goodyear tires

are only going to give me.. Anyone else run into this?

Not surprised...was hoping to get 15k on them. That's the price you have to pay for a high performance tire with lots of grip. I'm sure there are other options, but don't expect the same level of performance.

Look in the classified section on TS...someone was selling a set with only 1,500 miles on them.

I had 16,000 on mine when I replaced them with 5/32 to 7/32 tread still showing. I probably could have gotten 22 to 25K as I'm not a big burnout guy, I just didn't want to go through another rainy cold winter on the F1's. I didn't trust them in cold weather as I had them "hop or chatter" on me a few times. Plus the traction was not good in wet weather. I went to Tirerack.com and compared different makes and types of tires until I found a set that meet my personal criteria.

Did he check the tire depth ? also F-1 are on sale I believe for $99 at Tire Rack . $!,770 seems alot

Actually they are $299.00 on Tire Rack right now for the 285/35-19's. Not many people here on the forums like the F-1's (me included). They are just not a good tire. If you want something that will last, take a look a the Michelin Pilot Super Sports. If you want something less expensive than the Michelins then take a look at the Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110.

Mark

Hi guys, as I started another topic about the Pilot Supersport, maybe you guys can answer me here. What do you think about upgrading OEM tires to this size:

F: 285/35R19

R: 305/30R20

Both running Pilot Supersport on SVT PP wheels.

Hi guys, as I started another topic about the Pilot Supersport, maybe you guys can answer me here. What do you think about upgrading OEM tires to this size:

F: 285/35R19

R: 305/30R20

Both running Pilot Supersport on SVT PP wheels.

I don't think you will have a problem with either one from a clearance standpoint and it will definitely improve the handling. As a side note, I'm installing some 285/35-19 Bridgestone RE-11s on the fromt of my 2010 next week to match the rears so I can rotate the tires front to rear for better life.

Mark

Archived