TEAM SHELBY FORUM

13GTS0029

Dr_Whoovie

After 1600 miles the front was rather bug splattered and ready for a wash

DSC07014_zps04d4d6d6.jpg

After a good clean, I put on her front license plate (thanks to Craig's custom Mustang brackets) and lined her up with the "Old Girl".

DSC07016_zpsb55847c2.jpg

DSC07019_zpsa37215c6.jpg

Yep, looking real good.

I hadn't seen the GTS wheel and tire package in black, really nice.

The reason I like the wheels is that they allow so much view through them.

SAI_5076_zpsc3b1cb41.jpg

Is that YOU sitting in the polished Cobra? DId they let you sit in it?

I love that car. Every time I visit SA/LV I drool all over the floor in front of it.

I never thought about asking to sit in it!

Phill

Yep, that's me in the Cobra. I didn't even ask, they just took down the barrier, opened the door and said "would you like to get in".

Excellent!! I have to say that the museum delivery with Tim, was first class.

That's a great picture of you sitting in the Cobra. I can't imagine driving one that is polished up to the chrome like finish. It would be blinding. Best of luck with your awesome new ride! I love the color.

That's a great picture of you sitting in the Cobra. I can't imagine driving one that is polished up to the chrome like finish. It would be blinding. Best of luck with your awesome new ride! I love the color.

A lady friend of mine has a little Cessna 150 (2 seater) that is all polished up like that. We've gone flying and I never noticed any glare or anything like that.

I wish I would'a bought it when she sold it but she says it was a REAL pain in the ass to keep it polished. Once a year she had a "polish party" with as many friends as she can lure with promises of (GOOD) alcohol.

Phill

Thanks Guys, I like her anyway (I think that is all that matters anyway).

Given the comments here and elsewhere, I had absolutely no idea that putting black rims on a car with white strips was so contraversial.

Fortunately, everyone so far has said that they like it (or at least was polite enough to say that they did, even if they don't :-) ).

I just mocked the thing up on the Shelby website and thought "I like that" and ordered it.

Thanks Guys, I like her anyway (I think that is all that matters anyway).

Given the comments here and elsewhere, I had absolutely noo idea that putting black rims on a car with white strips was so contraversial.

Fortunately, everyone so far has said that they like it (or at least was polite enough to say that they did, even if they don't :-) ).

I just mocked the thing up on the Shelby website and though "I like that" and ordered it.

I totally dig it. The white stripes really pop on the kona blue, and the black rims just add that little bit of sinister look to it. WELL DONE!

• 1 month later...

Well in preparation for my fist Shelby event (Terlingua 2013) I ordered a Shelby helmet.

With around 7 weeks to go to the event I was worried that the advertised 4-6 weeks lead time might mean delivery was a bit tight.

But when I ordered Tim Hill, told me not to worry, I'd get it in time and he would ask the supplier to expedite the order.

Well 8 days later, the helmet has arrived. Wow, great service.

Here it is

IMG_1159_zps691f739a.jpg

IMG_1160_zps65766df6.jpg

One word of caution, I think the sizes are on the neat side. I measured up my head and was the top and of large.
Tim recommended that I get the extra large (on paper to large for me). Boy, he was right, I ordered it on his recommendation and I don't think I would have liked it any tighter than it is.

Archived