TEAM SHELBY FORUM

13GTS0029

Dr_Whoovie

My donor car arrived at Shelby on Monday, I was assigned 13GTS0029. (Curious as I have seen someone else talking about 13GTS0032).

She will be a non-SC V8 in Deep Impact Blue with white strip. Black Wheel/Tire upgrade, interior upgrade and short throw shifter.

Tim tells me about 60 days on the build, so hopefully I will collect her in mid May.

Here is donor car on arrival at Shelby

image_zps1e2a8de9.jpeg

My donor car arrived at Shelby on Monday, I was assigned 13GTS0029. (Curious as I have seen someone else talking about 13GTS0032).

You can ask for specific numbered CSM's.

Let's say for instance you were born in 1955, you could ask for 13SS0055 (or GTS). Or if your child was born in 1973, you can ask for 13SS0073. If the number isn't already taken and it's not beyond the limited number being produced for that year, I *think* the number is yours for the asking.

Our racing number was always #62 so when I was looking to upfit my 2010 GT500 into a Super Snake, I would have asked for CSM10SS0062.

Phill

Congratulations. It will look great.

I have 13GTS0032 but didn't request that number. I thought they were assigned sequentially. I wonder if 0029 was assigned to a deal that fell through so they re-used it.

60 days is probably quite possible. My car arrived at SAI in mid-November and all except the wide body and striping were finished before Christmas. I didn't do the interior upgrade so don't know how that would affect the timeline.

Your GTS will look great in that deep impact blue, I don't think we have seen one yet in the combo!

I also agree with AL.G, My GTS is #0031 Congrats!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I have my plates and just ordered my front plate holder from Craig's.

Car still awaiting a spot at SAI. However, Tim still assures me car should be delivered approximately 60 days

from receipt of the car, which puts it around May 22nd.

I guess we'll see.

Don't know if any other V8 GTS owners out there have been thinking about engine dress up parts. There don't seem to be any GTS specific part

what have people used? There are Shelby 5.0L coil covers out there but the engine cover and engine caps are all for the GT350. Something just saying

Shelby or GTS would be preferrable to avoid any "misrepresentation".

Maybe I'll just stick to the battery and fuse covers.

• 1 month later...

So Tim tells me that the car is out for striping at a third party contractor. After that it is just the final detailing.

Estimates she will be complete in 7 - 10 days.I am hoping for a museum delivery the Tuesday following the Memorial Day weekend.

Fingers crossed.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't get any in progress pictures (apparently Richard is no longer with Shelby - and he did most of the in progress photos)

I got some pictures last Thursday when the car was finished. I was waiting to post pictures next Tuesday when my wife and I are going to SAI to collect the car.

Wednesday we will start the road trip home to Austin, Taking in the Grand Canyon, Albuquerque, parts of old Route 66 and Amarillo. Hoping to get some nice shots

at the Valley of fire, the Hoover dam and the Grand Canyon.

But here's one picture to be getting on with (couresy of Tim)

SAI_3792_zps22c84953.jpg

Though Richard is gone, it would be wise for SAI to think about keeping the photo updates for their buyers.

That part made my experience far better than it would have been otherwise. Plus, it gives one a fossil record of their build.

If anyone at SAI is reading this, please continue the photo program and see the long letter I wrote to your President about my buying experience after taking delivery last August.

It spells out just how great I thought it was.

Yes, I would have liked a few shots as the car progressed. Just to know something was happening.

All communication was driven by me asking for updates, rather than them letting me know what was, or was not, happening.

I only found out that the car had gotten into production because I called every few weeks.

In all I think that the car was complete 58-59 days after they received it (it took Gaudin Ford a really long time to get it to Shelby after I bought it - but that's another story).

Which agreed with what they told me, but even 10 days before completion they said 60 -75 days. When I asked if it would be closer to the 60 mark or the 75 mark, I was told

they couldn't say.

@LBJ: Took a look at your build. I think my interior is very slightly different - I went with Ocean Blue stitching, I think that yours is white. I was a llitle surprised when I saw the interior pictures

because the Katzkin website I used to spec it up showed quite a different looking seat.

You are correct, I did the white stitching. We did white stitching because the base car I sent them was a GT Premium that had white stitching on the door panels.

I think you will like the seat colr you chose, I love mine.

Delivery9.jpg

Beautiful ride! I am diggin the white stripes and black wheels. Love the interior too! Between you and lbj's interiors, I am thinking the interior upgrade is going to in my future

Just made it home after collecting her. 1600 miles, taking in The Valley of Fire, the Las Vegas Strip, the Grand Canyon and Meteor Crater, a few scary moments and lots of nice, kind (and polite) people.

Tim et al. at Shelby american made the museum collection a fantastic experience. Details and pictures to follow, but here is one photo from the Valley of Fire to get started with

DSC06887_zps8d9ba250.jpg

Definitely a different look that I did not think would work.

But it does work, the white stripes dark wheels combo, I mean.

Yep, car looks real good.

Ya know, some Wilwood red calipers with Shelby in white lettering would look real good as well behind those wheels.

Hint. Hint.

Archived