TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Adjustable lower control arm

hotjuicey1

hello everyone,

i have a 2011 GT500

i had the German ford dealer install eichbach coil overs, sway bars, and adjustable rear lower control arms. all these parts were from SPP. the dealer called me and told me that the adjustable control arms were making a terrible noise. he had to re install the stock LCA. i ordered the LCA relocation bracket, an adjustable panhard bar with relocation brackets. will these additions fix the noise issue?

v/y

Jorge "George"

I have a 2011 GT500

i had the German ford dealer install eichbach coil overs, sway bars, and adjustable rear lower control arms. all these parts were from SPP. the dealer called me and told me that the adjustable control arms were making a terrible noise. he had to re install the stock LCA. i ordered the LCA relocation bracket, an adjustable panhard bar with relocation brackets. will these additions fix the noise issue?

Jorge "George"

It depends. What kind of "terrible noise" was it making?

LCA relocation bracket may take care of the noise if they were clunking. They provide a better angle of attack.

Did you get the solid spherical ends or the poly ends (which LCA's did you get)?

Check your panhard bar for clearance between it and the differential case cover. Mine was CLOSE and I think it may have occasionally hit the cover to give me some noise. That was due to me having to move my axle back 1/2" in the body because the PST driveshaft I received was way too long. Once I moved the axle back to the original position, it had room to spare. If you lengthened your LCA's, you could be seeing the same problem.

Phill

I think if the lower control arm are tightened while the rear end is hanging

Will cause a binding and will make noise as well.

I believe you're right, if you have poly or rubber bushings.

Phill

gentlemen, thank you for the support. i've attached a pic of the LCA. i have to check with the shop to find out if the lower control arm were tightened while the rear end was hanging.

when i get the new panhard i'll check the clearence. in a few i'll call the shop to get a better discription of the noise.

thank you very much

George

gentlemen, thank you for the support. i've attached a pic of the LCA. i have to check with the shop to find out if the lower control arm were tightened while the rear end was hanging.

when i get the new panhard i'll check the clearence. in a few i'll call the shop to get a better discription of the noise.

thank you very much

George

I don't see a pic. It either didn't come through or my system isn't showing it (not unusual for MY POS system!).

Anyone else see a pic?

Phill

sorry for the confusion. these are the same control arms on the SPP store.

Okay, yes, you are going to get noise from those. Clunking noise. And no, you do not have to set the car at curb height to tighten the bolts holding them in.

I have what amounts to the same thing on my car but mine are by Roush (and a little heavier duty than the ones pictured). I do get rear end clunking on bumpy roads but I have not put my LCA relocation brackets in yet and I am hoping the correct angle on the LCA's will help SOME. I don't ever expect a solid mount such as the spherical ends on those to be whisper quiet and to be more than honest, the clunking isn't THAT bad. Certainly not bad enough for me to trash my LCA's in favor of a poly bushed unit.

Phill

Archived