TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT-H hood grill

ITHERTZ66

I got the $65 hood grill from Shelby parts (cheap rubber), but it didn't come with any hardware. Does anybody know how these were fastened? Self tapping screws? Were the screws black plated or stainless/chrome? Any adhesive to keep the surface flush with the hood, or just the 3 fasteners?

Thanks for the assistance. My car will be done/delivered on Friday or Monday (:

Troy

The 2006 Shelby GT-H hood grill was originally installed by double face tape AND three small rivets. If you decide to use rivets I would use stainless steel as the original ones tended to rust. regards, Larry Miller Team Shelby Registrar, Hertz GT-H

The 2006 Shelby GT-H hood grill was originally installed by double face tape AND three small rivets. If you decide to use rivets I would use stainless steel as the original ones tended to rust. regards, Larry Miller Team Shelby Registrar, Hertz GT-H

That's what I needed to know. Thanks! My body shop guy has some aluminum ones that will fit. They shouldn't rust - right? This car will be garaged unlike out in the elements during it's rental days.

Current replacement grille inserts do not come with double sided tape or rivets, just the insert.

Steve

OK, interesting mine has the tape attached. Maybe the key here is "current replacement". I did not get any rivets. Never installed as I went the Deep Draw Terlingua hood route.

Archived