TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Change oil soon light

verlyn12

My oil was changed 400 miles ago and reset at that time. The "change oil soon" light is on and pushing the reset doesn't change it. I checked the oil this am and it was on add so did add 1 qt and thought that would take care of the problem but no. When going through the system check it flashes by too fast to push the reset. Anyone have any answers? :shrug:

My oil was changed 400 miles ago and reset at that time. The "change oil soon" light is on and pushing the reset doesn't change it. I checked the oil this am and it was on add so did add 1 qt and thought that would take care of the problem but no. When going through the system check it flashes by too fast to push the reset. Anyone have any answers? :shrug:

Try disconnecting the neg. terminal for a minute this will reset the computer will probably stay off..

When you say 400 miles ago does that mean it has not been siting in storage or anything? Cause no matter what the miles even if been sitting you still will need to or strongly suggested you change every year, and the OLM does take also time into account to its change oil warning not just millage.

When you say 400 miles ago does that mean it has not been siting in storage or anything? Cause no matter what the miles even if been sitting you still will need to or strongly suggested you change every year, and the OLM does take also time into account to its change oil warning not just millage.

Yes, it has been in the garage for the winter-about 5 months. I know it didn't do this last year after the winter so didn't think that might be the case now either. I will make an appointment to get it changed. Thank you,

I myself change just before winter or when im putting the car away. In spring I drive untill time to put away again then change oil, and my OLM is usally fairly close. Think usally comes on at about nine months give or take. But then again this is only the first winter put away for my Shelby :shrug:

Archived