TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Weapons of Mass Destruction

My short drive to work is like going thru a battle zone, at least it feels like that now driving my GT500 convertible. Some of my car crazy colleagues are preaching about Zaino Bros for wax. What do the forum members recommend?

Also my cloth top, for cleaning I noticed on another topic it's car soap, and those lint free towels. For water repellent protector its a product called'raggtopp'?

Lastly who likes the 3M clear bra, does it work, does it hold up over time, is it easy to replace? And that damn front plate, I'm holding off putting it on, unless a nice low slung bracket (no holesin body)can be fashioned.

God, I love this car!

My short drive to work is like going thru a battle zone, at least it feels like that now driving my GT500 convertible. Some of my car crazy colleagues are preaching about Zaino Bros for wax. What do the forum members recommend?

Also my cloth top, for cleaning I noticed on another topic it's car soap, and those lint free towels. For water repellent protector its a product called'raggtopp'?

Lastly who likes the 3M clear bra, does it work, does it hold up over time, is it easy to replace? And that damn front plate, I'm holding off putting it on, unless a nice low slung bracket (no holesin body)can be fashioned.

God, I love this car!

Phew! For a minute there I thought I might be opening a can of political BS..........Bump

God, I love this car!

Rug - where are you when we need you. We have questions on ZAINO.

HSURB

A little known secret the Ruf won't share is the microfibre towells. They make they shine unblemished looking. :shift:

You're absolutely right Carnut. Another little known fact on this board is that the "stuffed thong image" that ole' Ruf (Ruggy) keeps flashing is also a microfiber towel.

HSURB

A little known secret the Ruf won't share is the microfibre towells. They make they shine unblemished looking. :shift:

Here's a tip i used when washing my convertable. If you get lint on the top, let it air dry and use a lint roller (steal it from your wife if you have to) they pick up almost everything, leave no residue and can be used in between washes for a quick detail. They only cost a couple of bucks :spend: and keep the top looking sharp :rockon:

Can't say enough about microfiber towels...they are the BEST!!!

The microfibers are good, but I have found that following Zaino's recommendation of a high quality, American made, cotton bath towel seems to work the best for polish removal. For quick detailer and drying, it's nothing but MF.

Zaino is fantastic stuff!!! I have been using it since I bought my 01 Cobra. It is very easy to apply and take off. Best part is you can actually leave it on for days and then still wipe it off easily. Great for when you get busy or want to start detailing your car on Tuesday for a weekend car show! I have also been using RaggTop cleaner and water repellant for my 01 and 94 Cobras but they do have the vinyl (sp) like tops. Micro fiber towels are great to use with the detailing Z6 spray but you do need the 100% usa made cotton towels for taking off the Z5 and Z2.

Here's a tip i used when washing my convertable. If you get lint on the top, let it air dry and use a lint roller (steal it from your wife if you have to) they pick up almost everything, leave no residue and can be used in between washes for a quick detail. They only cost a couple of bucks :spend: and keep the top looking sharp :rockon:

+1

I bought a small lint roller at the drugstore, $3, and keep it in my console. Made the mistake of washing the top with a "furry" mitt. :banghead:

+1

I bought a small lint roller at the drugstore, $3, and keep it in my console. Made the mistake of washing the top with a "furry" mitt. :banghead:

most deffinitely a needed item! when i got mine home, i didn't even think about it and threw a tan flannel cover over it. still taking the lint off :(

Youi want the truth, you can't handle the truth!!!

It sounds like the 3M clear bra is the way to go for my summer daily driver. If no one is having any problems with them, I'm good to load in, but the dealer wants $895 US for the job. Anyone out there in Chicagoland have a better price from a knowledgeable resource?

Still trying to sell a beautiful Park Lane vert, need cash for the daily driver.

Archived