TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Life is Good

Took my 100% stock Shelby out for a long ride today. Beautiful weather down here in South FL. Sunny, 70 degrees, light winds, no traffic on the country roads. Shelby ran like a top. Transmission shifted like butter. Engine ran perfectly (no ticking, clicking or any other problem). Love to hear the subtle whine of the supercharger. Goodyear F1's performed flawlessly. Stuck to the road like glue (no cracks, no slipping, no problems). When I got home, I gave her a good wash and put her in the garage until tomorrow (plan to put coat 19 of Liquid Glass on her then). My beautiful wife came out to the garage to bring me lunch as I was finishing up the wash job. I have no complaints about the Shelby, and no complaints about anything. Nothing to whine about. Life is good.

Took my 100% stock Shelby out for a long ride today. Beautiful weather down here in South FL. Sunny, 70 degrees, light winds, no traffic on the country roads. Shelby ran like a top. Transmission shifted like butter. Engine ran perfectly (no ticking, clicking or any other problem). Love to hear the subtle whine of the supercharger. Goodyear F1's performed flawlessly. Stuck to the road like glue (no cracks, no slipping, no problems). When I got home, I gave her a good wash and put her in the garage until tomorrow (plan to put coat 19 of Liquid Glass on her then). My beautiful wife came out to the garage to bring me lunch as I was finishing up the wash job. I have no complaints about the Shelby, and no complaints about anything. Nothing to whine about. Life is good.

Sounds great! :rockon:

I'm hoping to get mine outta storage and bring it home tonight. That's if it doesn't snow!

I'm sooooooooo jealous!!!!! :cry:

Sounds like a great day for sure! Can't wait to get mine out of storage too, but the 6 inch snowfall we had yesterday will delay that a bit....Then I have to wait for all the sand and gravel to get picked up a bit before I drive it lots and not to mention the million crater sized pot holes we have on the streets......Good times, but looking forward to summer and lots of cruising around.

72 here in Atl today, flowers out,birds chirping--just had a nice top down drive great day, same as yesterday. Bought a replacement vette for my wife yesterday and drove it home with top down, actually she drove it.2012 vert, carlisle blue--only made 42 that color, because no one liked it--including me, but it only had 17 miles on it

72 here in Atl today, flowers out,birds chirping--just had a nice top down drive great day, same as yesterday. Bought a replacement vette for my wife yesterday and drove it home with top down, actually she drove it.2012 vert, carlisle blue--only made 42 that color, because no one liked it--including me, but it only had 17 miles on it

Glad you were able to find a nice replacement Vette for your wife. Post some pics for us.

Entered my first judged car show yesterday. I won first in the Shelby Convertibles category! It was in the 80s and sunny most of the day. The car drove like a champ.

Life is good!!!

ok upon request heres somepics of the wifes new vette--feel weird posting vette pics, but due to popular demand here they are--these are cell phone pics--looks like rain at any minute here Its Carlisle blue, a one year color--only mad 42 that color--its not a popular color, doesnt have tha vette bling, but at our age my wife didnt want to get a color like inferno oange, that folks would exoect a 25 year old ti get outof.Im a Pontiac guy and had a 65 Fontaine blue that was this color.w/o the merallic fininsh--65 vettes had the same color Got a good deal 50K for a brabdnew 12 vert--2013s are going for 70 so we're happy

post-24281-0-51882200-1363619205_thumb.jpg

post-24281-0-68099200-1363619227_thumb.jpg

post-24281-0-00471100-1363619242_thumb.jpg

post-24281-0-29290600-1363619260_thumb.jpg

post-24281-0-51882200-1363619205_thumb.jpg

post-24281-0-68099200-1363619227_thumb.jpg

post-24281-0-00471100-1363619242_thumb.jpg

post-24281-0-29290600-1363619260_thumb.jpg

ok upon request heres somepics of the wifes new vette--feel weird posting vette pics, but due to popular demand here they are--these are cell phone pics--looks like rain at any minute here Its Carlisle blue, a one year color--only mad 42 that color--its not a popular color, doesnt have tha vette bling, but at our age my wife didnt want to get a color like inferno oange, that folks would exoect a 25 year old ti get outof.Im a Pontiac guy and had a 65 Fontaine blue that was this color.w/o the merallic fininsh--65 vettes had the same color Got a good deal 50K for a brabdnew 12 vert--2013s are going for 70 so we're happy

I kind of like the color. I would have called it ICE BLUE. Sounds like you did well on price.

I kind of like the color. I would have called it ICE BLUE. Sounds like you did well on price.

That's what Fender Guitars calls it: Ice Blue.

Jer

You sir, have the right attitude.

Entered my first judged car show yesterday. I won first in the Shelby Convertibles category! It was in the 80s and sunny most of the day. The car drove like a champ.

Life is good!!!

Did our little custom exhaust project help at all?

Archived