TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2007 Test Drive

roblectric

Test driving a 07 SGT this afternoon. Car has 7100 miles ,no options, black/silver. Looking for advice on what to look for while inspecting this car. Saw from pictures that it has flowmaster exhaust (tips). Would a tune be necessary when making that change?They are asking $28900 on the dealer website and also have it listed on EBay for $26900. Any thoughts for this greenhorn? Thanks.

I don't know why people are asking so much for these used cars. When they were new, several around here were "left over" and listed for $29.9 to sell them off the lot brand new with full warranty. Yes, they tried to sell them for $50K during the hot season and got STUCK with them over the winter. Serves them right.

I know people who traded these in with hardly any use 1-2 years later and were only getting $25K for trade in value. Considering the issues with stripes, scoops, out of warranty, etc.... you do the math.

Roger is absolutely correct. I know it's hard not to jump at the first one you see when you want to have one, but take your time and look around. Also, the more cars you see the more informed you become and the pieces will fall into place as far as making the right buy. Don't be afraid to look all over the country. If you find one you're interested in, just ask for some help here on the TS web site and I guarantee you that someone will go take a look at the car for you and give you all the info you need to make an informed decision.

Good hunting!

John

I have #1928 '08 vist blue, vert, automatic. Love the car , when you get on the gas this thing shifts itself like a manual. I get chirps in the first 3 gears all the time. It is a

vista blue ROCKET , love it. did I already say that. Good luck with your search & welcome aboard

Unfortunately I was late pulling the trigger on the 08 vert. Somebody else saw the value and will be flying in for the sale. Left a hail mary in case the deal falls through. This one is gone folks. If I get the hail mary, my main question is why?

Archived