TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Who is the legal manufacturer of the GT-H?

ITHERTZ66

Is Ford the manufacturer of the Shelby GT-H, or is it Shelby American, Inc.??

In 3 years, I could possibly register my car in my state of MN as a "collector" which will save me money on ongoing registration taxes and allow me to not have to use a front plate. There were 500 GT-H for 2006. The 2007 was the same model designation, but had a different body style (convertible). My car is titled simply as a Mustang GT so I would need something from Shelby American to substantiate including their manufacturer's identification number. See below

Subd. 1c.Collector's vehicle, collector plate.

(a) The owner of any self-propelled motor vehicle, including any truck, (1) that is (i) at least 20 model years old, or (ii) at least ten model years old and with a body or engine style of which not more than 500 were manufactured in or imported into the United States in any model year

(B) The owner shall execute an affidavit stating (1) the name and address of the person from whom purchased and of the new owner, (2) the make of the motor vehicle, (3) the year and number of the model, (4) the manufacturer's identification number, (5) in the case of a vehicle described in paragraph (a), clause (1)(ii), that the vehicle has a body or engine style of which not more than 500 were manufactured or imported into the United States in any model year, and (6) that the vehicle is owned and operated solely as a collector's item and not for general transportation purposes.

© The owner shall provide a statement of the manufacturer or importer regarding the number of vehicles manufactured or imported during the model year.

Thoughts?

That's what I figured - back in the 60s, I think was the other way around?

So I suppose I might not get much cooperation with Ford trying to get a statement about 500 exclusive copies of my car? I wonder if they would accept such a statement from Shelby American?

Archived