TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FORD SHELBY GT WINS TAWA'S SPRING CHALLENGE 2007

68fastback

Chalk another one up for Shelby .........

;-) struggling on a limping laptop here in sunny NV ;-)

Did a little searching... apparently TAWA is the Texas Automobile Writers Association... 2005 the Ford GT won, 2006 the Z06, and now the Shelby GT -- the 'prize' is back in the Blue Oval camp for one more year. I think I need to be a Texas auto writer ;-) Wonder how the KR or SS will fair next year?

......2008 Shelby GT???????

......330 HP???????

That was from a Ford link right!?! Is there something there not telling us??????

Yes. ;)

AND also, they are telling us that this is a GREAT post, and it deserves to be in the Shelby GT Forum, where the credit is due!!!!! :superhero:

Movin' it. Good stuff...

Yes. ;)

AND also, they are telling us that this is a GREAT post, and it deserves to be in the Shelby GT Forum, where the credit is due!!!!! :superhero:

Movin' it. Good stuff...

Way to stay on top of things Crispy.....Dan was just testing you..... :hysterical2: Can't get anything past you ! :superhero:

Maybe they'll give you that raise after all. :poke:

Way to stay on top of things Crispy.....Dan was just testing you..... :hysterical2: Can't get anything past you ! :superhero:

Maybe they'll give you that raise after all. :poke:

Ohhhh, you ARE funny!!!!! :hysterical: You know I do it all for the love of these cars... :wub: ...and some very cool peeps :grouphug:

Dan....? You're in NV???? Doing... :stirpot: ...what???? :stirpot: I am truly surprised that the state lets you roam with that "bracelet" on your ankle :hysterical2:

Just kidding, folks...Dan was acquitted!!! :hysterical::ohsnap:

Ohhhh, you ARE funny!!!!! :hysterical: You know I do it all for the love of these cars... :wub: ...and some very cool peeps :grouphug:

Dan....? You're in NV???? Doing... :stirpot: ...what???? :stirpot: I am truly surprised that the state lets you roam with that "bracelet" on your ankle :hysterical2:

Just kidding, folks...Dan was acquitted!!! :hysterical::ohsnap:

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Hello there compadres...

Yeah, they'll let anyone in this state :bag: I have a 'deal' with Amy -- she removes the ankle bracelet and I don't tell anything I see at SA -- you know, what happens in LV stays... well.. ok, then. :hysterical: Just kidding... don't know if/when I can get out there but will try to one day -- my son-in-law would love to see the place if he can get a day off that they're open.

Btw, does anyone know if the Tuesday Museum tour (which I've done) includes a tour of the Shelby GT production facility? That's what s-i-l (and me too) would like to see.

Chrispy, as Shelby jedi, I look to your mastery of the the Force for guidance.

<still limping along with clunky laptop in Henderson NV with ankle bracelet chafing badly -- lol> --Dan

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

Hello there compadres...

Yeah, they'll let anyone in this state :bag: I have a 'deal' with Amy -- she removes the ankle bracelet and I don't tell anything I see at SA -- you know, what happens in LV stays... well.. ok, then. :hysterical: Just kidding... don't know if/when I can get out there but will try to one day -- my son-in-law would love to see the place if he can get a day off that they're open.

Btw, does anyone know if the Tuesday Museum tour (which I've done) includes a tour of the Shelby GT production facility? That's what s-i-l (and me too) would like to see.

Chrispy, as Shelby jedi, I look to your mastery of the the Force for guidance.

<still limping along with clunky laptop in Henderson NV with ankle bracelet chafing badly -- lol> --Dan

Well, when I went (on a Friday) they had a prototype S-GT in one of the bays there and there were a BUNCH of SVT folks there as well-- so it wasn't a normal day at SAI.

We were taken out to a standing area on the edge of the production area (which is HUGE and very organized) and explained what areas were for what, things that were going on, etc. I would assume that they would have ALOT more to say since production is now in full swing there.

So, a couple of things have changed since then-- S-GTs are now in production, along with GT-H 'verts, etc. My assumption would be that you still can not walk the actual production area as their employees are working, with cars on lifts, tools, etc being a liability. FYI, you cannot take pics of the production area.

So..you can see what's going on there (which I missed last time) from about 50-60 ft away. Pretty cool. Also, they take you through the Cobra facility, where they hand-build these cars. Unbelievable cars & craftsmanship, and you get to see that from about 20 feet!

Then there is (at the beginning of the tour) a tour of the museum cars in front. These are prototypes & rarities. They have Cobras, Shelby Mustangs, and they even had a Ford GT test mule there (one my favorite cars in the whole world)!

So...It's a great take for an afficionado like yourself. I'll FEDEX Amy some shears to make the ankle bracelet come off that much quicker! :hysterical2:

Let us know if you go and....you must take pics & post 'em (where they are allowed)... enjoy your 'stay' at the pennitentiary...err..big house...ummm son-in-law's house... :hysterical:

:hysterical: Thanks, Chris...

Yeah, we saw the museum and Cobra assembly -- really want to see the S-GT and H-Vert facility... Hopefully I'll know a day or two in advance so I can call first too.

Thanks for FeExing the "shears" :)

Archived