TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby Shifter Lever

kenmath23

I am considering the shelby shifter lever, but I haven't seen any pictures of what it looks like when it is installed. If any of you guys have a picture can you post it on here, so I can see how it looks? I really like the chrome hurst shifter with the white ball, but I don't think they make it for the stock shifter set up, and I am not paying $230+ for the FRPP set up. Any help would be appreciated.

• 2 months later...

Just bought this shifter. Did anyone else notice the two photos have the shifter facing different directions.

There were no instructions so I installed as it came out of the package. In 2, 4 &6th gears the shifter comes back very close to the cup holder.

Did I install this the right way? I have 2007 GT500 with SAI I stalled short throw. The two bolts heads are closest to the dash.

I just got mine as well. Right now I am waiting on the shift nob to get here so I can install it. I will keep my eyes open on the direction of the lettering as well, my guess would be what ever is comfortable for us as the driver is how we install it...

I took mine off today to take another look. To me it looks like it can only go on one way as the poly bushing attached to the lever is pressed on. It doesn't make sense to remove it and press back in, IMO.

Looking at the Shelby shift lever it was designed to angle back instead of forward like the stock shifter. Not sure if my short throw changes anything in how the shifter attaches. The bolt heads are closest to the radio.

Also, look at the poly bushing attached to the lever. Make sure it has the metal sleeve (tube) running through each hole. The reason I bring it up is that I ordered two levers and one is missing the metal sleeves.

Keep me posted

I noticed the same thing. Mine also is very far back in the box. I am going to mess with it tonight and see if I can turn it like the first picture. If not I don't think I will be keeping it. I keep feeling like I am in second when I am in first.

A lot of complaints about the stock shifter and threads from different forums lead me to a quick and simple solution. The rubber bushings on the stock shifter are the main issue which creates the mushy feel. Replaced them with poly bushings and the stock shifter feels nice and accurate now. A total expense of $16 solved the problem.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001EESV2U/ref=pe_175190_21431760_3p_M3T1_ST1_dp_1

i had the same problem when i first installed mine. just take off the lever by itself (keeping everything else the same), flip it around 180 degrees and re-bolt it...problem solved. the mustang monthly photo has it right.

Not sure if the design changed? The poly bushing is pressed in and it will need to be removed and installed on the other side of the lever.

Has anyone else done this?

i had the same problem when i first installed mine. just take off the lever by itself (keeping everything else the same), flip it around 180 degrees and re-bolt it...problem solved. the mustang monthly photo has it right.

+1

When I installed mine I tried it the other way and it didn't feel good. Just turned it around and it's perfect!

Shifter.jpg

If your have questions call SAI.

A lot of complaints about the stock shifter and threads from different forums lead me to a quick and simple solution. The rubber bushings on the stock shifter are the main issue which creates the mushy feel. Replaced them with poly bushings and the stock shifter feels nice and accurate now. A total expense of $16 solved the problem.

http://www.amazon.co...p_M3T1_ST1_dp_1

Interesting, thanks for the tip, anyone else try this on the stock shifter?

Archived