TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tail of the Dragon

gt67

In April I'm meeting up with a few TS members from MI for a couple of days in the hills of TN and NC. I was wondering if anyone would like join in on the fun. Right now the plan is to leave on a Saturday morning to Knoxville, spend 2 days traveling the tail of the dragon and other various roads and than head back on Tuesday.

Don

Keep me posted. I'm near Charlotte, NC and used to ride my motorcycle up on the Dragon frequently. Been looking for an opportunity to get the Shelby up there.

You all may have done this several times......or never, for all I know. But I did get one good piece of advice from one of the photographers up there (killboy): weekdays are MUCH better than weekends. We were there on a Thursday and the only dangerous thing on the road were the right of way mowers!

Have fun!

You all may have done this several times......or never, for all I know. But I did get one good piece of advice from one of the photographers up there (killboy): weekdays are MUCH better than weekends. We were there on a Thursday and the only dangerous thing on the road were the right of way mowers!

Have fun!

Agree, hence why Saturday will be a travel day to the area. Sunday and Monday will be on the tail and the roads. The idea is that Sunday should be lighter traffic with most heading out or gone.

Stay tuned for more info over the next week!

You all may have done this several times......or never, for all I know. But I did get one good piece of advice from one of the photographers up there (killboy): weekdays are MUCH better than weekends.

100% agree... and THP is not patrolling as much during the week either.

Dates are tentative but right now we are talking of leaving Michigan on Saturday April 20 and returning around April 23. Mother Nature is creating havoc up here and we are ready to get away to the warmer climates of the Southern States. Cold and snowy today with a high of 33.....not sure on wind chill, but darn sure it sucks.

The more involved - the merrier.

Dates are tentative but right now we are talking of leaving Michigan on Saturday April 20 and returning around April 23. Mother Nature is creating havoc up here and we are ready to get away to the warmer climates of the Southern States. Cold and snowy today with a high of 33.....not sure on wind chill, but darn sure it sucks.

The more involved - the merrier.

Yeah..... I know what you are saying... it's cold and cloudy here too Cliff....the temperature right now is 67. :hysterical2:

Yeah..... I know what you are saying... it's cold and cloudy here too Cliff....the temperature right now is 67. :hysterical2:

Cute. My brother said almost same thing a few weeks ago. We were without power and air temp was 10 degrees and it was getting colder by the minute. I fired up generator to get heat going and he calls me from Austin complaining he just closed the windows because it had dropped to 70.......ba ha ha ha to you both.

I loved the drive up there last fall. But, a word of caution.......you really realize how much mass is in the front of these puppies when the tail of the dragon drops out from under you! We ran it 3 times late in the afternoon and about half-way through the 3rd run, my wife finally turned loose of the arm rest, smiled and said, "This IS fun."

Keep 'em shiny side up!

To all that showed an interest in joining us.

We started a different post with more information including schedules and hotel information.

Please use new post.

"Spring Fever Cruisin the Smokies"

Cliff

Archived