TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT - H conv. availability

...anyone have an idea how long before these cars hit the auctions....is it based on miles or months....

Usually 12k-16k miles, but I have seen more than a few with less than 10,000 miles. They will be delivered in a month or so, and add about 5-6 months to that for the auctions to start. Look for them around November. These are beautiful, very well done. I saw it in person in NY. WOW.

Usually 12k-16k miles, but I have seen more than a few with less than 10,000 miles. They will be delivered in a month or so, and add about 5-6 months to that for the auctions to start. Look for them around November. These are beautiful, very well done. I saw it in person in NY. WOW.

...I saw the one at Barrett Jackson just before it went on the block.....I agree, it was a beauty

...my guess was they will hit the auctions in the middle of winter ....it is the first Ford I have really wanted to own in years

It IS a beautiful car. Have you seen a Hertz coupe drive by yet? To see the car in action is a whole other story--- it has a presence that few other cars have-- mean & sexy all at the same time. I think the convertible will look all that much more (when you finally see it driving down the road). It's one sweet ride! :beerchug:

It IS a beautiful car. Have you seen a Hertz coupe drive by yet? To see the car in action is a whole other story--- it has a presence that few other cars have-- mean & sexy all at the same time. I think the convertible will look all that much more (when you finally see it driving down the road). It's one sweet ride! :beerchug:

...there were lots of the coupes on the street in Scottsdale last January, the airport garage had quite a few lined up and they were cruising around the auction daily....they really look good passing by on the interstate

• 4 weeks later...
I would really like to get my paws on one of these, too. Can't wait to see one in person...these are gonna be HOT!!!

We use to see the coupe all the time in Florida. Tried to rent a conv for Tulsa no one had them close.

• 3 weeks later...

......probably a little less than 500. I met a Hertz executive at a car show a couple of weeks ago. He had 1 of 22 GT-H Coupes that were reserved for executives to buy. Those 22 were never rented and they paid invoice for them. He also has his name on the list to buy an unrented convertible.

......probably a little less than 500. I met a Hertz executive at a car show a couple of weeks ago. He had 1 of 22 GT-H Coupes that were reserved for executives to buy. Those 22 were never rented and they paid invoice for them. He also has his name on the list to buy an unrented convertible.

Lucky dogs!!! :drop:

• 4 weeks later...

Just took a look at 2 GT-H convertibles at the Seattle airport today. Great looking car. Looks a lot better than the coupe. I also noticed that the convertible version has air ducts in the lower grill that appear to be brake cooling inlets.

.....yes the ducts are for brake cooling. did you notice if they were just the ports or had the hoses attached? SAI has been installing the lower grill insert w/ lights and brake duct ports as a package on the some Shelby GTs in the Mod shop but the actual brake ducting is extra.

They don't show up too well in this picture but the ports are on between the drivng lights and lower grill. They have a mesh screen inside of the port. Is this what you saw?

IMG_0563.jpg

.....yes the ducts are for brake cooling. did you notice if they were just the ports or had the hoses attached? SAI has been installing the lower grill insert w/ lights and brake duct ports as a package on the some Shelby GTs in the Mod shop but the actual brake ducting is extra.

They don't show up too well in this picture but the ports are on between the drivng lights and lower grill. They have a mesh screen inside of the port. Is this what you saw?

IMG_0563.jpg

Man I love the look of your hood and the driving lights. That is the best front photo of a SGT that I have seen. I mean that....nice photo. :happy feet:

IMG_0563.jpg

Yep, that's what I saw. I didn't have a chance to crawl under the car. It was luck that I was turning in my rental from Hertz when I asked the guy if they had any of the convertible GT-Hs there. He said he just checked in two of them and they were up front. Car #122 and #114. I didn't have my camera with me to take pics. I also noticed that they didn't have the razor wheels that I've seen in promo pics from SAI.

I would love to get one of these next year. Anyone know anything about the auction locations for GT-H?

• 2 months later...

If (a) I didn't already have the GT-H coupe and (B) I didn't live in Oregon, where it rains 75% of the time, the GT-H convertible would be awesome. The one on eBay is about 40 miles from me and it wouldn't surprise me if it was rented out of Seattle or Portland (check the low miles).

Archived