TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Throttle Body, Intake Upgrade

Capt500

Hello all- this has probably been thrown around before in some way or another. I am planning to upgrade my stock throttle body (2011 GT500) to either the FRPP CJ65mm, or the L&M 66mm. Pros/cons of both pieces please? Justin at VMP said that L&M is out of business- has anyone else heard of this? Just looking to get some feedback on both pieces, and maybe a recommendation where to buy.

Also, I plan to install the JLT 123mmn plastic BigAir intake and filter kit at the same time. I already have the VMP high-flow elbow installed on my stock blower. Keep in mind that at some point in the distant future, I plan to upgrade to a TVS blower. Does anybody have any input they'd like to send my way concerning the JLT kit, where to buy, etc? It is advertised as requiring a tune, but is it safe to drive my car approx 5 miles to a shop for custom tuning after installation, on either the stock tune or the VMP tune which I am running now? Thanks for any input/info you can offer!

I ran the CJ65mm for about a year, ( M-9926-CJ65 ), very nice T/B, mfg. by Accufab, flows 1517 cfm, MSRP $ 689.95. ( this will require a tune )

May I suggest you consider the Cobra Jet Oval T/B. ( M-9926-SCJ ), also mfg. by Accufab, flows 1797 cfm , MSRP $ 679.00 ( also requires a tune )

( as you plan to upgrade your blower )

Both T/B's are available pretty much everywhere, found the CJ65 for $ 649.99 & the SCJ for 610.95, shop around..

Can't speak to anything JLT, don't own anything..

6April2012JDMtrip005.jpg

Archived