TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tire Pressure & Faulty Sensor Warning

Couple of questions this morning……

Anyone experience a Tire Pressure Faulty Sensor warning? …..what did you do?

What is your recommendation for psi on stock tires?

Thanks

Take a look on your Door piller for the stock tire pressure reccomendation and follow that. It is 32 or 33 if I remember correctly...but check it out. Fill up the tires to that. Then take the car on a drive. It should re set itself. This happened to me, and that is what I did.

Take a look on your Door piller for the stock tire pressure reccomendation and follow that. It is 32 or 33 if I remember correctly...but check it out. Fill up the tires to that. Then take the car on a drive. It should re set itself. This happened to me, and that is what I did.

Thanks Grabber......want to avoid taking it to the dealer!!

Thanks Grabber......want to avoid taking it to the dealer!!

I hear ya...now go look at that tire pressure sticker on the door piller and report back, and that's an order. :hysterical:

The correct tire pressure for our cars is 35PSI front and rear. The senser will usually come on when the tire is 9 lbs low which as you know is about 25% underflated. When you put the correct air in and drive it around the block, it will reset. I would never recommend counting on the sensor as when the tire is a couple of pounds low, there is increased heat build up and the tire can wear from the inside. If your sensor came on, I would look at the tire very carefully to see if it has a nail or screw in it. Unless you have never checked the air pressure or did not check it since getting the car, something made it lose a bunch of air.

I may have an issue with the sensor. My right front rim and tire were replaced after delivery due to a chip in the rim. It was determined that it left AAI with the chip as they did a photo shoot of my car just prior to its release from the plant.

I will check the pressure and follow your instructions.....

Thanks everyone!!

Couple of questions this morning……

Anyone experience a Tire Pressure Faulty Sensor warning? …..what did you do?

What is your recommendation for psi on stock tires?

Thanks

Yes. Put air in the tire and it went away.

Edit: Door placard recommends 35 psi. If your racing, you'll want to drop it down quite a bit...say to about 18-20. But for every day driving, I'd say 32-35 is ok.

I may have an issue with the sensor. My right front rim and tire were replaced after delivery due to a chip in the rim. It was determined that it left AAI with the chip as they did a photo shoot of my car just prior to its release from the plant.

I will check the pressure and follow your instructions.....

Thanks everyone!!

sorry, but more than likely you'll be visiting your dealer for a sensor training/reset. Read my reset post in mods and tech and one about less than 2 weeks ago re: faults. Just had mine done. 5-10 minute fix. You can clear the light on the left of the dash with proper psi but the info centre fault needs your dealer and their $300 tool

Archived