TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Tough Mudder / Portland OR, June 16th

Grabber

I have set up a Team to do the Portland Oregon Tough Mudder Event on Sunday June 16th at 9am.

The name of the team is: PUT UP OR SHUT UP.

Hope some of you can join us.

Grabber you are too much of a man for me. Let me know how it goes!

Let us know how it goes.

Tana & I have 3 more months of training to do. We are going to work on some upper body muscle strength training. There are lots of obstacle courses that require upper body strength. Every 1/2 mile we will participate in a British Military obstacle course. There are 25 of these.

The official Florida video just came out that show some of this stuff pretty good.

Hi Grabber,

I did the Tough Mudder Squaw Valley race in Northern California. It was 13 miles going straight to the top on the Squaw ski slops. With no offense to the runners of the events... it is so much hype. You end up doing a lot of waiting at obstacles because of all the participants so there is a lot of down time. I do triathlons so I'm not use to having time to recover. Some obstacles are fun for shock value and some are plain silly. Just to get the full experience, I actually grabbed the "electric shock therapy" wires...I sure got it after that ; )

They are no doubt a lot of fun when you have a good group of people with you but don't worry about training too much for it. I arrived expecting a battle and shortly realized I definitely overtrained for it. If you have any questions please let me know. Bottom line...it will be fun and that's what it's all about! Good luck!

Hi Grabber,

I did the Tough Mudder Squaw Valley race in Northern California. It was 13 miles going straight to the top on the Squaw ski slops. With no offense to the runners of the events... it is so much hype. You end up doing a lot of waiting at obstacles because of all the participants so there is a lot of down time. I do triathlons so I'm not use to having time to recover. Some obstacles are fun for shock value and some are plain silly. Just to get the full experience, I actually grabbed the "electric shock therapy" wires...I sure got it after that ; )

They are no doubt a lot of fun when you have a good group of people with you but don't worry about training too much for it. I arrived expecting a battle and shortly realized I definitely overtrained for it. If you have any questions please let me know. Bottom line...it will be fun and that's what it's all about! Good luck!

Having fun is what it is all about...for sure. B)

We have a few people in our group of 14 that will need the down time and a little help. I think it will be a good Team building experience for me and my co workers. Some of my co workers are bringing friends and their wife's to do the event too. As you know my wife and I are over 50 and this event is on our bucket list. :hysterical:

Today I ran 12 miles in 2 hours and 11 minutes. Just under 11 minute miles. After doing 10.25 miles last week end and now 12 miles, my next step will be to do 1/2 marathon. A half marathon is 13.1 miles. Time to invest in some new running shorts to prevent the inside of my legs from chafing. I have a blister on the inside of each leg from these distance runs. The rest of my body is fine.

Rob you are kicking butt on the training. I look for your updates daily while I am drinking a beer! LOL Seriously though I admire you for your effort!

Thanx John. I must say I am enjoying feeling in the best shape of my life and looking forward to stepping it up another notch....slowly. I am working weights back into my routine. Also making sure I eat and drink protein bars and drinks. Tough Mudder is going to be fun.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Rob / Tana - Congrats on completing the course !

P.S. - Rob , did you remember to take your shoes off before going back into the car . Hope you can get cleaned up before August :hysterical2: Don't forget to get all the cracks and crevasses clean - who knows where all that mud went !

These photos were prior to the race

008.jpg

006.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

After doing Tough Mudder, they had a clean up area where we could hose off and change into some clean cloths for the drive home. Here is a pic of the 2 of us after we hosed off and put on our finishers shirts and head bands.

019.jpg

018.jpg

015.jpg

012.jpg

011.jpg

023.jpg

Here is a link to some pic's of Tana after she climbed out of the ice water filled dumpster called arctic enema. also pic's of her running thru the electric shock therapy. the strings are electrified.

http://www.marathonfoto.com/Other/Tough-Mudder-Oregon-Day-2-2013/LastName/AICHELE/BibNumber/97646/offering/myMarathonfotos/RaceOID/27302013S2/Language/en?utm_source=SilverpopMailing&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=0%20G%20Proofs%20Online%20TM%202PM%20%284%29

• 2 weeks later...

Yesterday our Finisher Plaque arrived. It has a photo of my lovely wife Tana and I after we just completed the mud mile obstical course. This photo is now on my home office wall above my desk. These 2 "over 50" youngsters are pretty proud of that plaque.

001.jpg

005-1.jpg

006-1.jpg

This classic photo of Tana & I in 1977 hangs right above it. Another favorite of mine. She was 15 and I was 16.

008-1.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived