TEAM SHELBY FORUM

The Secretary's car needs...

...ALL new hoses, (got them)

...new battery, (will order from Virginia Mustang)

...the Script Logo Halogen headlights

...$1000 worth of body work to get the exterior back in shape, (restored 30 years ago, BTW)

...sequential turn signals? Well, gonna wait on THAT one

I put the Ford script halogens on my '68 GT500KR, very nice looking and they are very bright. Only problem is if you look into the light at the right angle you can see the blue halogen bulb, otherwise look just like originals and work much better.

Virginia Classic Mustangs is great, but, wasn't able to get thru (via phone), on my brief, (due to work) window of opportunity, today, to order the necessary parts. With the Nor-Easter coming in tomorrow, should have plenty of time to get thru, IF THEY'RE not snowed out, that is!

Got the order in today, BUT: Forgot to ask if anything was on backorder. They NEVER tell you that when you place the order, (unless you ask), which is a bit annoying! (other than that, love the service by those folks)!

UPDATE: (I KNOW everyone was waiting to hear....NOT..... But anyway): all the parts shipped today, NONE on backorder...(rest easy, everyone...rest easy)!

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like you're on track to getting the car finished before the driving season on the east coast.

IF the body shop guy cooperates. He's one of the best around, but, as a result, (at least i GUESS this is the reason), he NEVER returns calls... (Specializes in/may only perform Mustang restoration, actually worked on mine in the past for the owner that restored it 30 years ago. So, he's the guy to use)!

NPD sent the wrong water pump...I ordered cast iron, (and the ticket confirms it), but they sent aluminum...NC site out of stock, but sending it from one of their other wharehouses, refunding the return shipping on the wrong one, as expected.

What would a project be without supplier/part issues? I learned to add a week to an estimated completion time for just that reason. Seems like companies just can't get an order right the first time these days. :headscratch:

Wrong one AGAIN! And they're now out of them....

BUT: the guy at NPD says there's only one type for the 170 cid.... posted the question on the MCA BB....(too many cooks spoil the soup...one person told me that the 170 had early aluminum, then switched to cast iron....)

• 3 weeks later...

NICE to turn the key and have it start right up! New battery, halogen headlights that LOOK like the original, sealed beams, new water pump, all new hoses, (except the mech claimed the clamps sent were NOT correct ones, so he got aftermarket.....).

Mech claims he found the trans leak, and fixed it...time will tell. Those trans are (in)famous for small leaks, as I've learned the past two years...

Spoke to the Body Shop/restorer last night at the monthly GSRMC meeting, says he can do the work in mid-May.

Hey Wayne, I can't wait to see the car when its all done, and I bet you feel the same way.

If you look from 20 feet away, you'd never know there were any problems! (Mostly! The quarter sized paint chip on the passenger fender MIGHT bevisible from 20 feet away)!

Archived