TEAM SHELBY FORUM

REAR BRACE

1sgt

YOU ARE GOOD ok what does it do or not do or help I have the WITTS LINK and rear lower control arms going in and if I need it can I get it power coat red :worship:

Steeda (I think it's Steeda) makes one that I think would compliment the Shelby unit. Steeda's goes across the rear shock towers, up high in the trunk and connects the tops of the shocks together.

Might be something to consider....

EDIT: Here you go;

http://www.steeda.com/store/steeda-rear-shock-tower-brace-for-ford-mustang.html

rear-shock-tower-brace-s197-mu.jpg

rear-shock-tower-brace-s197-mu-1.jpg

Phill

Steeda (I think it's Steeda) makes one that I think would compliment the Shelby unit. Steeda's goes across the rear shock towers, up high in the trunk and connects the tops of the shocks together.

Might be something to consider....

EDIT: Here you go;

http://www.steeda.co...rd-mustang.html

rear-shock-tower-brace-s197-mu.jpg

Phill

Phill,

That's where the Shelby unit mounts, as well. They wouldn't be used together, it's either/or.

Jer

Phill,

That's where the Shelby unit mounts, as well. They wouldn't be used together, it's either/or.

Jer

Jer,

I thought the Shelby unit mounts laying across the floor of the trunk. If you go on Steeda's site (see the URL I posted) it appears the steeda mounts up higher, maybe half-way up from the floor to the package shelf.

I tried to post the pic of the Shelby unit for a comparison but it didn't work for me.

Maybe I'm saying it wrong by thinking it mounts to the shock studs. Perhaps it mounts higher.

If it's the same item, my apologies for taking a crap on your thread/item. Was not intended...

Phill (now I gotta go look!)

..........because RACECAR

Yeah, but spell that backwards and what do you have?

Phill

Jer,

I thought the Shelby unit mounts laying across the floor of the trunk. If you go on Steeda's site (see the URL I posted) it appears the steeda mounts up higher, maybe half-way up from the floor to the package shelf.

I tried to post the pic of the Shelby unit for a comparison but it didn't work for me.

Maybe I'm saying it wrong by thinking it mounts to the shock studs. Perhaps it mounts higher.

If it's the same item, my apologies for taking a crap on your thread/item. Was not intended...

Phill (now I gotta go look!)

They both mount in the same spot.

No worries for mentioning it, Steeda makes some very good products, and we at Shelby don't have our heads in the sand or suggest our customers do, either. There are lots of great parts on the market, and this is a forum for people to hang out and talk about them!

Our brace is one solid piece (welded end flanges), whereas the Steeda unit uses rod ends to attach a center rod to the shock tower flanges, so they are different in that way. Ours is also available powdercoated Silver or in a "raw" version for less money, so customers can powdercoat, rattle-can paint it, leave it, whatever they like.

Jer

KRYLON KRYLON KRYLON!

Or powdercoat, of course... LOL

Jer

Archived