TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby GT owner

BLD MOVS

It has been a dream of mine to own a Mustang since I first rode in my dad's candy apple red '67 coupe sports sprint when I was 5 or 6 years old. I will never forget the day we picked it up (used of course) about 24 or so years ago. Our family has had, and will have many memories in that car. I have worked very hard in my life to get to the position where I am in right now. I have finally made my dream come true and had the privilege and opportunity of purchasing a 2007 Shelby GT. I just picked it up off the showroom floor last Saturday. I traded in my first car for it, a 1963 Ford Fairlane 500 2 door post (repainted candy apple red). It had 24 miles on it when the salesman let me drive it off the showroom floor for the first time for a "test drive". I was sold when I walked in the door. Thank you to anyone who has had anything to do with making this car a reality, and most importantly to the people who thought that "an affordable entry between the base GT coupe premium and the GT500" was a good idea. That it is and more. I would have never been able to have the chance to own such a car if this decision wasn't made.... I will now, like my father did with me, be able to take my daughter (who's name is...Shelby) to car shows, local dirt track races, and of course cruise the warm summer nights of Nebraska with pure pleasure. This car will never be sold for as long as I am alive, and will be driven like it was meant to be-every day of my life. That is my BOLD MOVE...

post-8746-1178145871_thumb.jpg

post-8746-1178145871_thumb.jpg

Congratulations Bold Moves and welcome to the forums. Great bunch of guys here and I am sorta new myself. These guys will answer any questions and have more advice than you can imagine! Where are you from? If you live in Florida, we are having a BBQ on the 19th!

Mark

BLD MOVS,

Welcome to the Board and Shelby Family. Congrats on your car. Check out some of the other threads for talking about your car and mods. Hope you stick around a bit we need all the Shelby GT owners on the board we can get. If you ever want to talk about something other than your car check out the S197 Owners Association and the Off Topic Forum in the GT500 section. That is where the straight jackets come off. Have fun with your car

Chris

Welcome Bld Movs,

Congratulations on your new baby, please feel free to ask questions and leave comments and driving experineces as this is the only way some of us can get thru the day while awaiting our delivery.

I have a 5-speed, white SGT completed and supposedely due to be shipped anyday. It's been a long journey and hopefully the wait is nearly over. Then comes the fun ! :shift:

Good luck and happy driving !

Welcome BLD MOVS. Congrats on your new Shelby. All Shelbys are truly great pieces of machinery and Mustang History. Great name for your little girl, too. She is a cutie.

ps You got the fastest color, too :D

thanks alot for the support guys. this seems to be a much more active forum than another that i have tried. i cant wait to talk to you all. to all of you who have one on order, you will be pleasantly suprised and very happy when you get yours. to tell you the truth i wish i could be in your shoes to say that i actually "ordered" the car instead of just walking into a dealership and picking it up. especially those of you that are able to go vegas and do the option thing right from shelby not to mention the museum pick up whatever that is. i had been doing my research, and like many of the stories i have read so far, all of the dealers out here would not budge on their markup amount that they were taking on. i finally found one that went for it. they are a very large ford dealer and may be able to just eat the markup b.s.

Welcome BLD MOVS. Congrats on your new Shelby. All Shelbys are truly great pieces of machinery and Mustang History. Great name for your little girl, too. She is a cutie.

ps You got the fastest color, too :D

thank you msmap!! she is papa's little girl. she is just going to have a hell of a time trying to get me to let her drive it. ever!

Welcome ...welcome BLD MOVES, :happy feet:

The White Shelby GT's look sweet. My friend MasterMech let me drive his a few weks ago and I know how they handle...Great. They sound great too. I like that shifter also. Welcome to the board. Let me know if you have any questions on navigating the site or anything at all.

Welcome ...welcome BLD MOVES, :happy feet:

The White Shelby GT's look sweet. My friend MasterMech let me drive his a few weks ago and I know how they handle...Great. They sound great too. I like that shifter also. Welcome to the board. Let me know if you have any questions on navigating the site or anything at all.

first question is how do i find out the birthing process if you will of my sgt? i would love to find out all the details like you did. can this be found out since i did not order it, and just bought it off the floor? would i just go in and talk to the dealer? i was too excited when i picked it up to even think to ask.

first question is how do i find out the birthing process if you will of my sgt? i would love to find out all the details like you did. can this be found out since i did not order it, and just bought it off the floor? would i just go in and talk to the dealer? i was too excited when i picked it up to even think to ask.

Well,

The dealer gets reports electronically sent to him weekly. Many dealers keep a file of this stuff. I had my dealer fax it to me every thursday. Call them and see if they keep copies. I do not know how to go back and get this info "after the fact". Check with your dealer. Hopefully they have it.

Just wanted to say welcome (I'm new too :)) and congrats on the car! My wife and I have had our GT for about a month...and love it. We too ended up walking in and buying the car off the floor. After reading everyones experiences with ordering their cars, I too wish that I could have experienced "some" of it.

J

Welcome. This is a great site and the folks that run it are great. Some of us read the boards everyday (and night) since we do not have our cars yet. We have to enjoy the car vicariously through you guys that already have them. Ordered Nov 15. Sold my 68 California Special. Letting go of my 93 LX 5.0 with 22K original miles for the SGT. Patiently waiting. The car has been at SAI for a month today. Still waiting. Ok, maybe not as patiently waiting as I was before...getting a little anxious...

Archived