TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mustang racing in Nascar?

robertlane

That would be cool(kinda) but I'd personally rather see FR500C types- kinda 'real' cars, not pathetic 'reasonable facsimile' on a fullblown circle track chassis- either way would help sales, but I really think they need to get back to reinforced stock cars like in Nascars early years- something people can relate too instead of the 'footballteam/personality' stuff that in my opinion is what nascar is today. getting like bigtime wrestling, with horsepower- but all the cars are 'fakes' :(

Look at John Force's "Mustang" (I use the term loosely- VERY loosely) - peel off a couple stickers and nobody would have a clue what it is...performance rocks, but why call it something its obviously not in any way shape or form...

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I'd rather NOT have the Mustang name associated with NASCAR.

Regardless of what model of car is "legal" for NASCAR, they are all essentially the same car. With the car of tomorrow, the differences between makes will be further reduced. NASCAR should eliminate the model name and just refer to the cars as either a Ford, a Chevy, a Dodge or, in '07, a Toyota. Model names have ceased to have any relevance in the NASCAR world. If NASCAR were to institute such a rule, it would also achieve cost savings from teams having to switch nose and tail sections to reflect "model" changes. Make a generic Ford nose and tail for all teams to run and call it a day. Just my $.02 :shift:

Personally, I'd rather NOT have the Mustang name associated with NASCAR.

Regardless of what model of car is "legal" for NASCAR, they are all essentially the same car. With the car of tomorrow, the differences between makes will be further reduced. NASCAR should eliminate the model name and just refer to the cars as either a Ford, a Chevy, a Dodge or, in '07, a Toyota. Model names have ceased to have any relevance in the NASCAR world. If NASCAR were to institute such a rule, it would also achieve cost savings from teams having to switch nose and tail sections to reflect "model" changes. Make a generic Ford nose and tail for all teams to run and call it a day. Just my $.02 :shift:

Im all for getting the Mustang name out there in NASCAR. It sure would help the Busch series. I do agree though that I prefer the stock bodied cars

Archived