TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FINAL SALE of Shelby "Fifty Years" Forged Wheels - Monday, March 4th at 6am PST!

Jer

The inside joke at SA is that my gravestone will be coated in Durabrite-C, the now-discontinued finish these wheels require.

I told everyone Durabrite was discontinued, but forgot the "-C" part, used only on these wheels, not tractor/trailer wheels, and the members of this forum ate me up like a pack of wild boars.

"Group-Kill Mentality" for sure.

Jer

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll send this note to the poor Shipping staff who unpacked, inspected, then repacked each wheel with bubble wrap and extra double-boxing. They did thousands of wheels with no complaint, in fact, they had a great team spirit and a lot of pride in the task. They will appreciate the sentiment!

Jer

It was easy to tell the people who boxed them did so as though they were boxing their very own wheels for shipping. Doesn't get better than that!

If they're going to the Great White North, we will be using USPS. Just a heads up.

Coincidentally, I'm listening to Rush right now.

Hmmm... nicely played.

Jer

I believe USPS hands them off to Customs, who than hands them off to Canada Post, for any Canucks out there wondering about how the shipping works.

Unfortunately I will not be able to order due to other financial priorities. However I would love to have a set of these on my ride. With that being said, you can hold true to your Statement "final run for Alcoa's" but maybe down the line another manufacturer can make these. I'm sure they would sell and you would still be holding true to your final Alcoa statement. Just a thought.

I thought about getting a set but decided to put the money onto the loan. Hope I don't regret it when they are gone.

Good luck to those who really want them to put on their cars not on ebay.

I am going to roll the dice on Monday and try to order everything at once. I keep going out to the garage and and imagining what my vert will look like if I am lucky enough to get a set. My wife tells me I have issues. Sad part is, I don't have an argument for her. LOL!!!

Are my chances improved if I come over there and camp on the Shelby Parts doorstep at midnight Sunday?

Only if you bring your cell phone!

Phill

Only if you bring your cell phone!

Phill

Ha!

Actually, a laptop is better - the phone line is NOT gonna be anyone's best bet.

Jer

I ended up with 4 9" rims. Guess Weldcraft will be getting a call from me soon. A little different route than I originally planned but man am I stoked to get these!!

I ended up with 4 - 20X9's and 1 - 20x10. I screwed up when I was ordering them this morning. I ordered both the CS and cartoon snake center caps. I need to find someone who wants to trade a 20X9 for a 20X10. Either that or I will have to get one of the 9's widened. Either way, it is all good. I just count myself lucky enough to have gotten a set. I think the wheels sold out in about 20 minutes this morning. :rockon::drop: :happy feet: :yahoo:

I agree. I was originally thinking of widening my rears to 11 or 11.5" but this just forced that decision. Guess this means a 315 or 325 tire out back :happy feet:

I ended up with 4 - 20X9's and 1 - 20x10. I screwed up when I was ordering them this morning. I ordered both the CS and cartoon snake center caps. I need to find someone who wants to trade a 20X9 for a 20X10. Either that or I will have to get one of the 9's widened. Either way, it is all good. I just count myself lucky enough to have gotten a set. I think the wheels sold out in about 20 minutes this morning. :rockon::drop: :happy feet: :yahoo:

I didn't think that I got a set, but it turns out that the order did go through after all! That was a crazy sale, but I still appreciate that Shelby gave us all the opportunity to try to get a set.

I ended up with 4 9" rims. Guess Weldcraft will be getting a call from me soon. A little different route than I originally planned but man am I stoked to get these!!

Weldcraft doesn't widen Alcoa's anymore. Eric Vaughn Machine is about the only choice now.

Really? When did they stop? I saw forums from last fall talking about widening them through weldcraft.

Iceman beat me to the punch. Weldcraft stopped widening the Alcoa's in particular after they biffed a couple and couldn't get replacements for them.

Eric Vaughn is your man. Something like $660 to widen a PAIR. But he does it different than WC did. WC cut your rim near the inside, added a piece the width you wanted widend and welded (two welds) it into the center of the wheel using your inner and outer piece.

EV cuts the inside lip off, gets another inside lip the amount wider that you want and welds it (ONE weld) to the outter part.

EV's method is better IMO and he hasn't had any out of round wheels like Weldcraft ended up with (two that I know of).

I don't know what WC charged but $330 per wheel doesn't sound TOO bad to me, at least not for the way he does it (uses another/2nd wheel for the inside portion).

Phill

He's either gonna love me or hate me this week...

Jer

He's either gonna love me or hate me this week...

Jer

He gets paid by the unit.

I have a feeling it will be the former.....

Phill

I read another post this morning that the price has gone up to $350 per wheel through Eric. Thats going to make this a pretty expensive set of wheels by the time they are ready for tires.

Yep, that is the cost now, but his work is top notch. Weldcraft actually stopped doing Alcoa's in November 2011. I have had lots of wheels done by both, and while Weldcraft is cheaper, I prefer the work of EVM.

Archived