TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FINAL SALE of Shelby "Fifty Years" Forged Wheels - Monday, March 4th at 6am PST!

Jer

Orders will be allowed starting Monday, March 4th at 6am Pacific Time.

The iconic wheel that became a sought-after collectible, this final Limited Edition version may be the best of them all: The wheel NOW sports engraving that salutes our Fiftieth Anniversary, with “FIFTY YEARS” engraved opposite the “SHELBY FORGED” text. These Shelby wheels are the same style, construction, and finish as those previously installed by the Shelby factory on the Shelby GT500 Super Snake, except for the new engraving. They are the perfect complement to any Shelby or Ford Mustang.

Also available: our updated Shelby hub center caps, now in a new style with black centers and a chrome “CS” logo. These fit all previous Alcoa/Super Snake wheels, as well. Other compatible caps are also available.

As this is an EXTREMELY limited item (It is anticipated that this item will be sold out instantly), no orders can be accepted once sold out. This is all that remains from the final run.

Limit six wheels per customer. Any orders exceeding 6 will be canceled with no product delivered to customer.

Wheels are in stock and will ship within 5-7 business days of order.

For more info or specs, visit http://www.shelbystore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=AF2082

I'm happy to answer any questions.

Jer

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jer-

How much are the wheels and caps? I would go with 2 of each size, and a set of caps...

And do you know what the recommended tire sizes are for a GT500?

THANKS!

GUS

DUH! I just clicked your link and there is the info... THANKS

Everything you wanted to know and more is at Jer's link.

I wish they would fit a Ford GT so I could put my factory wheels aside.

Wow, this could be a challenge in getting the wheels as I have already seen this notice posted on some other sites....... Sure hope you have the servers beefed up for the onslaught on the 4th Jer.

I'm just sick of people saying "No longer available through Shelby". LAME.

In 2 weeks, they will sell out, then people can say whatever they want (and - believe me - they WILL).

Jer

Jer,

Is it online and phone orders both until gone?

Yes. Order whichever way is quicker. I can't over-emphasize, DO NOT DELAY.

Jer

Something tells me that just like ticketmaster where there is typically a limit on qty, the "scalpers" will be at it again and find ways to get more than the limit to turn a few bucks!

I have zero interest in the Alcoa's, it's been a very entertaining subject to watch!

I'm going to have anxiety all week. Wish you could have given the scammers less time to prepare but I guess it's inevitable. I'm dreading phone lines getting tied up and some jerk pinging those servers till the go offline.

Check that, two weeks. This is going to be a horrid wait.....only to be probably hosed by the scammers

I'm going to have anxiety all week. Wish you could have given the scammers less time to prepare but I guess it's inevitable. I'm dreading phone lines getting tied up and some jerk pinging those servers till the go offline.

It's like the US Justice System... "Better to let a criminal go free than to imprison an honest person".

I can't COMPLETELY police the scammers. But I'll know who they are (several have already made themselves well-known). And one day, they will need a favor.

LOL

Jer

How many sets of 6 are "left over" ? Under a hundred ?

Yes, under a hundred. I did my best to favor the pre-orders while keeping a bunch back for later sales. I would just say "Do not delay on March 4th".

Jer

It's like the US Justice System... "Better to let a criminal go free than to imprison an honest person".

I can't COMPLETELY police the scammers. But I'll know who they are (several have already made themselves well-known). And one day, they will need a favor.

LOL

Jer

I hear ya, but its just particularly difficult in this situation for us honest ones.

I hear ya, but its just particularly difficult in this situation for us honest ones.

I know. Wish I could do more. Every time a set went on eBay instantly, and was excused as "commerce", "free enterprise", "capitalism at its finest", etc, I thought about Shelby owners who just wanted a nice set of wheels for their Shelby.

Jer

I know. Wish I could do more. Every time a set went on eBay instantly, and was excused as "commerce", "free enterprise", "capitalism at its finest", etc, I thought about Shelby owners who just wanted a nice set of wheels for their Shelby.

Jer

That is the truth.....I hope I can buy a set. for my '13.

That is the truth.....I hope I can buy a set. for my '13.

Good luck!

Jer

Jer, if we order 6 rims, can we have two shipped directly to one address to be widened and then the rest to our home? I'd like to have my two 9" rims widened to 11.5" and it'd be nice to avoid having to pay shipping twice to get that done.

Unfortunately, we're not set up for that. Sorry...

Jer

Jer,

It looks like some vendors are already hedging their bets that they will be buying several sets....

http://www.bmcextrem...su05094500.html

How about you can only ship to a residence?

We have lots of customers who own or work at a business address, where delivery costs less. Can't punish them to compensate for a few sharks.

The $299 charge for center caps is the REAL offense in THAT ad... wow....

Jer

I guess I am just blowing off steam and I will do my best to purchase a set at 6AM on the 4th. BUT...it really stinks that Shelby American can't make these available to Shelby owners only at least a day in advance...It kind of takes away the exclusivity.So much for Brand protection......Something that Carroll protected so much.

I guess I am just blowing off steam and I will do my best to purchase a set at 6AM on the 4th. BUT...it really stinks that Shelby American can't make these available to Shelby owners only at least a day in advance...It kind of takes away the exclusivity.So much for Brand protection......Something that Carroll protected so much.

Not only is this impossible, you're historically incorrect.

In the Sixties, the Shelby catalog offered every part for sale to anyone. In fact, it's possible more "regular" Mustangs on the street had "Cobra" valve covers and air cleaners than Shelbys did!

I wish you luck with your wheel purchase, thanks for your support.

Jer

By the way:

http://www.shelbysto...arch=forged cap

These are the CENTER CAPS, which are available NOW, so no one ties up precious time trying to buy wheels on March 4th.

We can also do GT500KR or Super Snake center caps as a special order, those require a phone call to us, since we only sell those to owners as a Restricted part.

Jer

By the way:

http://www.shelbysto...arch=forged cap

These are available NOW, so no one ties up precious time trying to buy wheels on March 4th.

We can also do GT500KR or Super Snake as a special order, those require a phone call to us, since we only sell those to owners as a Restricted part.

Jer

Jer,

Anyway to order and have them held for my rim delivery on my March 4th order? That way I save the $10 in shipping?

Thanks!

Duke

Jer,

Anyway to order and have them held for my rim delivery on my March 4th order? That way I save the $10 in shipping?

Thanks!

Duke

I have no way to hold an order, I'm sorry. Keep in mind, we have plenty of center caps in every style, I'm just offering them up early so people can focus on getting their wheels bought on the morning of the 4th.

Jer

Archived