TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FINAL SALE of Shelby "Fifty Years" Forged Wheels - Monday, March 4th at 6am PST!

Jer

I think I will call in a sick day on the 4th

Just to make dam sure !

My cuz Gerbie28 lucked out the first time around

Hopefully I will be as lucky !

Thanks for your replies Jer

Good luck. I sincerely hope everyone who wants these wheels gets them.

Jer

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why not just open orders a day erly to actual Shelby owners that can provide you their VIN number when ordering and then the 4th can be for the sharks?

We did a pre-order back in October.

BTW, If I were to publish a list of all the eBay sellers who bought them here "for their Shelbys" and immediately posted eBay auctions, many people would be surprised.

A very small percentage of those auctions are people you DON'T know.

Jer

Ken,

It depends on where you are. You can get a rough idea by entering your ZIP code at www.fedex.com

Assume an approximate shipping weight of 40 lbs. each. Insure for purchase price.

Thanks,

Jer

At this point I'm extremely skeptical about any of us actual owners getting a set. I found another forum (non-Team Shelby) where a vendor was bragging that he has over 50 people lined up to order sets for him to resell. He is going to start with them all calling while he also has paid a guy to script order requests via the site.

I'm hopeful but this is getting very bleak for anyone who is an actual owner/support of the Shelby car sub-culture. Hopefully it doesn't do more harm than good by pushing people away from something we all love.

We've discussed this internally for MONTHS, in an attempt to make this entire wheel program as fair as possible to the public.

There's an old adage that "If a thief wants your car, they will get it, no matter what alarm or deterrent you install".

The same logic, unfortunately, applies here, even though no laws are broken.

My years in the music business taught me all about the scourge of ticket scalping, and it's a demand-based crime. Same reason the Toyota Camry rates so high on the "Most Stolen" lists, because their crash parts are in demand.

Jer

Why not just open orders a day erly to actual Shelby owners that can provide you their VIN number when ordering and then the 4th can be for the sharks?

Myfast70

We understand your concerns but any "shark" could go to ebay right now and copy down over a dozen Shelby VIN numbers. As Jer mentioned if someone really wants to steal your car they can and if someone really wants to game the system they will. Most attempts to stop this will only hurt the legitimate buyer.

Now what's this about SPP carrying Camry parts? ;)

Steve

At this point I'm extremely skeptical about any of us actual owners getting a set. I found another forum (non-Team Shelby) where a vendor was bragging that he has over 50 people lined up to order sets for him to resell. He is going to start with them all calling while he also has paid a guy to script order requests via the site.

I'm hopeful but this is getting very bleak for anyone who is an actual owner/support of the Shelby car sub-culture. Hopefully it doesn't do more harm than good by pushing people away from something we all love.

F150duke,

If you have a moment how about PM'ing or emailing me a link to this other website. I'm sure the team here at SAI would like to know what vendor is publicly posting this.

Please do not post the link here on the TS board. A PM or Email wiill do just fine.

Steve

We understand your concerns but any "shark" could go to ebay right now and copy down over a dozen Shelby VIN numbers.

Steve,

As far as I know, you don't have to be a Shelby owner to buy a set of wheels from Shelby American. If people (I know, not YOU) are suggesting SA limit their sales to Shelby owners and even more specifically, verified Shelby owners I think they need a lesson in Business.

In my opinion, that would be insane. I could see *perhaps* giving first crack to Team Shelby members (paid members, like COSTCO does) but after the TS members get theirs, open sales to anyone that wants a set. These wheels don't just fit SHELBY's, they fit every Mustang out there.

JMHO,

Phill

Jer,

I'll go back to that forum and find the thread as I didn't save it and my browser history was wiped over the weekend at work. I'll PM it over to you. Totally understand the approach of they'll get in no mater what. It's a shame both ways. On the upside, people are excited about a hobby and brand we all enjoy. I just don't want it to turn into something that burns a lot of people. Time will tell though and hopefully I get lucky with my call to you guys on Monday morning next week.

Thanks!

Duke

Sorry if this has been answered before, but wouldn't all this BS with people price gouging the Alcoas be avoided completely by having Alcoa just continue to make these wheels? If there is TRUELY such a high demand for these wheels then why would Alcoa (or SA) ever make a limited run? Other wheel manufactures dont ever make a limited wheel production run (that I am aware of).

Please explain this part to me. I just dont understand the mentallity of Alcoa or Shelby America on this at all. :shrug:

While we are on the topic, does the same reasoning apply to the Razors and American Racing? I am no business major but man, talk about NOT wanting to make money the good 'ol american way - selling products to the public which desires something.

Sorry if this has been answered before, but wouldn't all this BS with people price gouging the Alcoas be avoided completely by having Alcoa just continue to make these wheels? If there is TRUELY such a high demand for these wheels then why would Alcoa (or SA) ever make a limited run? Other wheel manufactures dont ever make a limited wheel production run (that I am aware of).

Please explain this part to me. I just dont understand the mentallity of Alcoa or Shelby America on this at all. :shrug:

While we are on the topic, does the same reasoning apply to the Razors and American Racing? I am no business major but man, talk about NOT wanting to make money the good 'ol american way - selling products to the public which desires something.

UCLAman,

Its best if Jer answers your questions in more detail but let me say that SAI/SPP would love to carry these Alcoa wheels as a regular stocked item but it just isnt in the cards. Please keep in mind that until Jer came aboard at SPP there was pretty much a zero chance for Alcoa wheels to ever become available again but thanks to Jer, he made this one time run of wheels happen and rather quickly I might add.

Although some may be disappointed that there are not more wheels available I look at how many people are happy that this one time run did happen.

Steve

Thanks Steve, I always look forward to the opportunity to become better educated and informed. And yes Jer has done some amazing things in an extremely short period at SA! His efforts are truely to be applauded!! :yahoo:

I guess as a life long student, I was always encouraged to ask "WHY"? So.... "why isn't it in the cards"? Can you or Jer shed some light on this? Maybe I am digging too far for answers I can't handle on this one. LOL! Thanks!

Thanks Steve, I always look forward to the opportunity to become better educated and informed. And yes Jer has done some amazing things in an extremely short period at SA! His efforts are truely to be applauded!! :yahoo:

I guess as a life long student, I was always encouraged to ask "WHY"? So.... "why isn't it in the cards"? Can you or Jer shed some light on this? Maybe I am digging too far for answers I can't handle on this one. LOL! Thanks!

Alcoa is no longer willing to make these wheels for us. As popular as they are, it's nowhere near the number of OEM and big rig wheels they usually make.

We were able to coax one more run out of them, but they were clear that it IS the FINAL run. I asked people if they were willing to accept changes in design, material, etc, and everyone said NO. "The same wheel, or NOTHING".

BTW, if Alcoa changed their mind tomorrow, it would be too late. Once we announced these as the "final run", I made the decision to hold everyone's trust by NEVER offering these wheels again. I always thought The Who did way too many "Farewell Tours", ya know?

So, that's it.

Jer

Alcoa is no longer willing to make these wheels for us. As popular as they are, it's nowhere near the number of OEM and big rig wheels they usually make.

We were able to coax one more run out of them, but they were clear that it IS the FINAL run. I asked people if they were willing to accept changes in design, material, etc, and everyone said NO. "The same wheel, or NOTHING".

BTW, if Alcoa changed their mind tomorrow, it would be too late. Once we announced these as the "final run", I made the decision to hold everyone's trust by NEVER offering these wheels again. I always thought The Who did way too many "Farewell Tours", ya know?

So, that's it.

Jer

Same with Kiss. Now that was upsetting. :)

Ken,

It depends on where you are. You can get a rough idea by entering your ZIP code at www.fedex.com

Assume an approximate shipping weight of 40 lbs. each. Insure for purchase price.

Thanks,

Jer

Looked it up, approximately $250.00, not counting insurance.. I gather SA does the customs paper work?

There may be brokerage fees, any idea on that?

. 13% Tax. on Cnd. amount of invoice, around $325.00.

Thanks Jer, better to ask now. :salute:

Looked it up, approximately $250.00, not counting insurance.. I gather SA does the customs paper work?

The way they were sent to me, I was charged 40 ish per wheel upon arrival. Wheels did not arrive all at once, seperated at Customs I was told. Alberta is closer to Vegas than Ontario, but the wheels were delivered by Canada Post so I don't think shipping would be much more for you per wheel. Hope that helps. Wheels are boxed very well. Little risk of damage.

Same with Kiss. Now that was upsetting. :)

LOL!!!!!!

Jer

If they're going to the Great White North, we will be using USPS. Just a heads up.

Coincidentally, I'm listening to Rush right now.

Hmmm... nicely played.

Jer

The way they were sent to me, I was charged 40 ish per wheel upon arrival. Wheels did not arrive all at once, seperated at Customs I was told. Alberta is closer to Vegas than Ontario, but the wheels were delivered by Canada Post so I don't think shipping would be much more for you per wheel. Hope that helps. Wheels are boxed very well. Little risk of damage.

Thanks Frank. Good to know.

Wheels are boxed very well. Little risk of damage.

I'll send this note to the poor Shipping staff who unpacked, inspected, then repacked each wheel with bubble wrap and extra double-boxing. They did thousands of wheels with no complaint, in fact, they had a great team spirit and a lot of pride in the task. They will appreciate the sentiment!

Jer

So, that's it.

Jer

Jer - thanks for the response! I guess Alcoa is too big of a company to keep us "little (mustang) folk" on their radar.

And I total understand about you keeping your word about this being the FINAL RUN. To do otherwise would mean risking your and Shelby American's integrity. Thanks again and c u soon at the Bash!!!

Archived