TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT Rear shocks

I am about due to replace my shocks as well, and I'm in the same boat - I like the stock shocks. I would just buy a replacement set and stick with what you know you are happy with.

BTW, welcome! There is a lot of great information here, and a lot of knowledgable people!

I am about due to replace my shocks as well, and I'm in the same boat - I like the stock shocks. I would just buy a replacement set and stick with what you know you are happy with.

I would have to agree - why change something that you've been happy with ?

I just bought an entire set of the Shelby GT original shocks and springs... FYI.... my car has always handled GREAT.

Jer

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is making some weird noise on the Driver side rear when I go over bumps on the highway...I just hit 50k miles so I guess it's time....

Make sure it's not the middle 2 bushings on the rear swaybar. If those things get dry, it sounds like a rusty garden gate, even going slow over speed bumps. Hit 'em with WD-40, see if there's a difference.

Jer

Make sure it's not the middle 2 bushings on the rear swaybar. If those things get dry, it sounds like a rusty garden gate, even going slow over speed bumps. Hit 'em with WD-40, see if there's a difference.

Jer

Thanks Jer, I'll do that today and report back.

Archived