TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wilwood Brakes

bnoslo

I had Brembo brakes on my last mustang and i just didn't like the way they worked on that car, and i had a bad problem with the rear pads wearing really fast. I'm not saying Brembo's are bad in any way, just personal experience. That's the main reason i'd be looking at Baer or Wilwood. Also, i don't think Brembo makes a big brake kit for the rear of the 05+ mustangs, where both Baer and Wilwood do.

I had Brembo brakes on my last mustang and i just didn't like the way they worked on that car, and i had a bad problem with the rear pads wearing really fast. I'm not saying Brembo's are bad in any way, just personal experience. That's the main reason i'd be looking at Baer or Wilwood. Also, i don't think Brembo makes a big brake kit for the rear of the 05+ mustangs, where both Baer and Wilwood do.

You are correct, Brembo does not and will not make a set of rear brakes for the 05+ mustangs. They claim the rear axle design does not meet their specifications for brakes. Also, I would like to see the Wilwood brakes in BLUE to match my white/blue stripe GT500. Red or silver just doesn't do it with the white/blue stripe car.

That looks like a pretty cool setup Mr. Haney. I know that would definitely be the way to go for a high horsepower or racing setup So, is there anyone that can compare the Wilwoods and the Baer brakes from personal experience? I am very curious to know how each performs, both under normal everyday type driving and also when being pushed hard.

• 3 weeks later...

One other question about the Wilwoods that popped into my head recently.... do the Shelby GT/GT500 brake cooling duct kits work with the Wilwood setup?

Yes.

BTW, our Wilwood rep spent the first Track Day with me at the Bash, we have a lot of cool stuff coming. Updates as they occur.

Jer

Yes.

BTW, our Wilwood rep spent the first Track Day with me at the Bash, we have a lot of cool stuff coming. Updates as they occur.

Jer

Jer,

What became of the SPP spring Baer blow out sale???

Still on schedule. We'll have great deals on Baer brakes VERY soon. The Bash takes a ton of bandwidth, and we'e still catching up!

Jer

• 3 weeks later...

At the moment i have the Baer EradiSpeed+2 14" rear rotor upgrade on my car and so far i really like the look and the performance from them.

Would love it if Wilwood also will bring a 14" rear rotor upgrade version out. This would be a nice new product for SPP.

By the way the Wilwood Carbon-Ceramic Big Brake Front and Rear Brake Kit looks awesome. Would be a nice upgrade for a Super Snake!! http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/BrakeKitListFront.aspx?mincatdesc=W6A WCCB Carbon-Ceramic Big Brake Front Brake Kit

• 3 weeks later...

Jer, i know you're a VERY busy man, but could you please give us an update on any news from Wilwood? Thanks

+1

Archived