TEAM SHELBY FORUM

" So you want to go racing ? "

Kevin Patten

Thanks Scott for posting the correct link - did you like the shot of 07SGT4755 up on 2 wheels? It did pretty well against those high horsepower cars (only has 315 RWHP).

Cool pic with two wheels off the ground. Gotta love solid rear axles! I like to see one of those IRS cars getting two wheels airborne. Usually they just hike up one (kinda like a dog peeing). :lol:

Oh, on the 315RWHP, was that before or after losing a cylinder????? :doh:

Mark

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I won't dig into it for a while. Going to Monterey for the weekend to work @ the Historics and in the meanwhile start collecting parts to build a motor with around 400 - 444 HP. :spiteful:

444 HP is a nice number. :) I'll look for you tomorrow.

The weather was nice on Thursday and Friday but Saturday was a hot 90 degree temp and Sunday is suppose to be hotter! This is the warmest temps that I've ever experienced @ Laguna Seca.

It was freakin hot there this morning. We blew out of there at lunch time so missed the real heat and it seemed a bit more humid today too.

I'm sure a lot of the drivers were feeling that way also. It was the same up here in San Jose. :drop: I've been drinking a lot of water the last 4 days just to stay hydrated - they have called for a "spare the air" days for the last 2 days - the air has been bad from the fires and the heat is making it worse but even by the ocean / coast it's been hot.

I went and picked up my FRPP engine parts - it kinda feels like Christmas in August! Now I have to find out what is wrong with the motor in the car and find out if I'm going to have to do up a different short block assembly to put all the new top end goodies onto. I'd still like to see if I can get 100,000 miles out of the original motor which is still in the car and then have a complete backup motor sitting ready to go into the car. The NORCAL SAAC fall classic open track event is coming up in October so, I'll take the car to that event next. I'm passing up on the SCCA regional race on September 11th - 13th at Sonoma.

• 2 weeks later...

Heading up to Sonoma Raceway on Saturday to see the IndyCar Races and the PWC cars. Dean Martin and the rest of the Rehagen Racing group will be there so I'll spend some time with them and Filip from Cortex Racing while I'm there and asking about what new things are on the PWC Boss Mustangs currently.

Heading up to Sonoma Raceway on Saturday to see the IndyCar Races and the PWC cars. Dean Martin and the rest of the Rehagen Racing group will be there so I'll spend some time with them and Filip from Cortex Racing while I'm there and asking about what new things are on the PWC Boss Mustangs currently.

Say hi to the Rehagen crew for me, give Filip an epic High 5 as well :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived