TEAM SHELBY FORUM

" So you want to go racing ? "

Kevin Patten

So by popular request I'm going to continue the build thread of SGT-C # 4755 here instead of on the " White SGT " thread . I bought the car used for a good price with 83,000 miles on it with the intention of building it into a SCCA SPEC MUSTANG class race car. Watch here for the posts on the build . KP

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome... Do you have a link to the SCCA spec class you are using?

-Tom

www.v8supercarswest.com/Contact_Us.html is the link and as soon as the 2013 SCCA GCR book comes out it will be in as a supplement . The class has been accepted by the SCCA and is debuting in the San Francisco Region which runs races on Laguna Seca Raceway , Sonoma Raceway , and Thunderhill Raceway - all in Northern California . David Ray , who runs " Hooked on Driving " has spearheaded this and I'm sure his intentions are to get it to spread into other areas of the country as he has done with HOD Open Track events through the various SCCA reigons .

Awesome... Do you have a link to the SCCA spec class you are using?

-Tom

www.v8supercarswest.com/Contact_Us.html is the link and as soon as the 2013 SCCA GCR book comes out it will be in as a supplement . The class has been accepted by the SCCA and is debuting in the San Francisco Region which runs races on Laguna Seca Raceway , Sonoma Raceway , and Thunderhill Raceway - all in Northern California . David Ray , who runs " Hooked on Driving " has spearheaded this and I'm sure his intentions are to get it to spread into other areas of the country as he has done with HOD Open Track events through the various SCCA reigons .

Linky fixed... :superhero:

http://www.v8supercarswest.com/

below link is for the Spec Mustang

http://www.v8supercarswest.com/Contact_Us.html

Here are some pictures from the installation of the new exhaust system plus some other that we took along the way

Old system is coming off

IMG_1150_zps41283959.jpg

IMG_1147_zps8a59bd92.jpg

IMG_1145_zps2aae7977.jpg

New system is ready to be put on

IMG_1141_zps5cadf56c.jpg

IMG_1142_zpsc4badfd6.jpg

IMG_1143_zps3911a921.jpg

One side is done

IMG_1165_zpsae7ba68b.jpg

IMG_1164_zps9ec6726b.jpg

IMG_1161_zps20259dab.jpg

Here goes interior

IMG_1173_zpsd82d4b76.jpg

Exhaust done

IMG_1174_zpsb37bcb0b.jpg

Next is the new bumper and the support with welded tow hook braket

IMG_1180_zps45c13326.jpg

IMG_1183_zpsfec70be4.jpg

IMG_1185_zps9ad77bf3.jpg

IMG_1187_zps00a9d37f.jpg

This week cooling system was redone, new front bumper :) , interior was removed, testing fitment of the wheels (using some cup tires to roll car around) and Sparco quick release steering wheel was installed.

Enjoy :)

IMG_1264_zps34c90728.jpg

IMG_1265_zpsb854fbcc.jpg

IMG_1266_zps186a8431.jpg

IMG_1269_zpsebcb84f5.jpg

IMG_1295_zps303011a4.jpg

IMG_1296_zpsf5f9923d.jpg

IMG_1297_zps445948ae.jpg

IMG_1298_zpsa0529427.jpg

IMG_1300_zpsa5e5d880.jpg

IMG_1301_zps6ea29b7d.jpg

IMG_1302_zps83f18716.jpg

IMG_1303_zps7dd01928.jpg

IMG_1305_zpsd8bacedc.jpg

IMG_1306_zps8762fa89.jpg

IMG_1309_zpsbbec5663.jpg

Shot peened the spindles/knuckles today and had them magnafluxed - everything looks good (83,000 miles on these babies). Painted and prepped to go back on with FRPP hub assemblies ( M-1104-A ) which come with the long (ARP) wheels studs and the CorteX strut/coil over setup.

Well here's the commentary to go with the pics Aleks posted today . Pulled out the stock stuff and started putting on some goodies . First installed the CorteX front struts ( these come with a 600lb. rate spring for the SPEC class ) , after having the knuckles checked and painted I cleaned off the paint on the machined areas , the front LCAs are stock with Steeda X5 ball joints , Prothane poly front bushings , Whiteline rear bushings . Installed the knuckles and LCAs and checked for any binding. Put in a SPP 35MM adjustable front sway bar w/poly bushings ( had to shim due to binding ) and then put on the CorteX adjustable sway bar end links (can't see them in the pics) . Next was to get into the brakes . First the new hubs ( FRPP M-1104-A ) with long wheel studs , bolted on the Agent 47 brake duct backing plates ( 3" hose ) and then started assembling the required Stop Tech Trophy Big Brake kit (14" dia. , floating, curved vane, slotted, 4 piston) with some Raybestos Racing pads. The icing on the cake was putting the Tiger Racing Heat Extractor hood and being able to see the car start coming into shape . Tomorrow I'll bleed the brakes and throw on the Jongbloed (18x10.5") wheels on the front (I'm looking forward to see what that will look like )

Man, I gotta get you some rocker stripes!

LOL

Thanks for the email, we'll get started on getting you more of the good stuff. Have fun!

Jer

Aren't those side stripes covered under warranty ? :hysterical: Today I went over and installed a new steering rack , a SPP bumpsteer kit , a Moroso aluminum P/S reservoir tank , and added an inline magnetic filter then filled it with Amsoil P/S fluid . Bled the brake fluid ( which will occur several times throughout the build ) with Motul RBF600 for now and got the front wheels back so I could get it off the rack . Still have lots of boxes of parts , parts coming , and more parts to buy ! Ohhh , did I mention the season starts in one month ! :drop:

Archived