TEAM SHELBY FORUM

" So you want to go racing ? "

Kevin Patten

I've decided to experiment a little bit and try out a CorteX torque arm. Put it in yesterday and definitely need to drop the rear spring rates. If it works out then I'll probably have to change classes in SCCA racing. We'll see if it is worth it. The torque arm is REALLY close to the ground !

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stopped by Cortex Racing and talked to Filip yesterday - I'm going to get a set of JRi shocks and struts to try out on the car (doing some testing). Received my lexan windows from Rehagen Racing also so, we'll see what type of weight savings there is with those. :spend:

Ric,

Filip talked me into going with the SA initially and said that they can be converted later to DA if I feel that I need it. I have some other things going on with the car also so I'm good with that (besides it saves some money). Both Filip and I would like to see some more changes in the class so, I'm doing some testing with him on the parts that we'd like to see be brought into the rules.

I just signed up for the 8th annual Shelby Bash - so I'm set to bring 07SGT4755 and have it there. Checking with Russ to find out if he is going and bring 07SGT2425 so we can have both race cars there. It will be the first time out with the new set up so we'll have to see how it works and just have fun. I'll put the passenger seat in.

The first gen has a long tower on the drivers side and must be welded to the frame rail along with the 2 mount bolts. This makes for the support brace to hang down lower on the drivers side and then run over to the backside of the panard bar bracing on the passenger side. On the 1st gen. watts links - the drivers side is low and the passenger side is high. It gets reversed with the gen 2 along with having a shorter tower on the drivers side CorteX has added a brace to the tower which ties into the unibody bracket for the rear sway bar and doesn't have to be welded. The passenger side bracket is sandwiched in the OEM panard bar brace giving you a double shear support on both attachment points on the unibody. The crossbar which goes over to the shorter tower bracket on the drivers side tucks up higher under the car and another benefit it is now level side to side which makes an improvement on handing side loads. JMO

Put in the 2nd generation CorteX watts linkage set up in the car today. It is much cleaner and the support brace goes straight across under the car (although it is up next to the spare tire well). I did put a rubber pad strip between the brace and the spare tire well so I don't get any noise from it.

Picked up the JRi SA units from Cortex Racing yesterday. I heard JJ from JRi was @ Mike Maier Inc. in Livermore today but wasn't able to get up there. I'm sure that they are headed up to Thunderhill Raceway for the OUSCI event this weekend.

In for your feedback with them. I had mine installed two weeks ago but won't be on track with them until March 14th at TH with HOD.

Dropped mine off with Mike Maier today to put on the shock dyno - had some interesting finds right off the bat.

We got both Shelby GT cars their annual tech inspections done today for 2015 SCCA competition with one of the SCCA "traveling techs". Both cars passed fine and we got both log books stamped. So now it's time to go racing. We load 07SGT2425 into the trailer on Tuesday to head down for two days of testing @ Chuckwalla Raceway prior to the US Majors races on the 21st/22nd.

Archived