TEAM SHELBY FORUM

" So you want to go racing ? "

Kevin Patten

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always something to do. What a hobby! Pretty soon you will have to fabricate more steel. Haha.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

That's going to be sweet. Up the HP and torque. Now to have to learn how to drive with all that power. I am sure it will not take you long.

• 2 weeks later...

we have about 20k of track miles on our 07 SGT. replaced the tranny 2 years ago with the new MagnumXL. The 4.6 with the 2.6 KB has been going strong, but I have my sites set on a new engine in the next couple years or sooner. Can anyone say 5.2L Shelby Forged block?! 570hp! Naturally aspirated flat plane? Yes, it was just recently announced, and it will be ours someday soon. Should I wait till the 4.6 fails or do the swap sooner? only 30k miles on the original engine now so I have the time I hope.

we have about 20k of track miles on our 07 SGT. replaced the tranny 2 years ago with the new MagnumXL. The 4.6 with the 2.6 KB has been going strong, but I have my sites set on a new engine in the next couple years or sooner. Can anyone say 5.2L Shelby Forged block?! 570hp! Naturally aspirated flat plane? Yes, it was just recently announced, and it will be ours someday soon. Should I wait till the 4.6 fails or do the swap sooner? only 30k miles on the original engine now so I have the time I hope.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

All set for the final track day with the original engine and trans in the car. Going to the NORCAL SAAC Turkey Bowl on Black Friday @ Laguna Seca Raceway in Monterey, Calif. to give rides. :shoppingcart_:

Gonna stop by to say hi to my TS friends at the track. Happy Thanksgiving!

Nice to see you sticking with the 3V. Where did you get the stroker motor from ?

Got it out of another racecar which was being redone by a shop. They were changing it over in order to compete in a different class category which requires a stock motor.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived