TEAM SHELBY FORUM

" So you want to go racing ? "

Kevin Patten

John Iles put his Cortex floater rear axle in his car this week and is running in the Western Conference SCCA US Majors season opener at Fontana Speedway this weekend.

I have talked to CorteX about upgrading my suspension on my 2011 GT350 so yea they seem to know their stuff

I been telling SAI for the price they charge for the Super Snake and Terlingua they should be using JRi coil-overs instead of the Eibach stuff

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cortex cambered full floating rear axle assembly with 4 piston Brembo brakes is installed. Ready to go testing!

Checked out the pics on the cortex site. Very nice Kevin!

For those interested, they've posted a few pics of Kevin's Shelby/and rear end set up on the cortex website: http://cortexracing.com/colors/green/

Jeff

That's a really sweet setup. I look forward to reading your analysis on how your car feels with the new setup. I know the Phoenix Performance team really liked that setup.

You need to update your sig photo!

• 2 weeks later...

Great to meet you this weekend at ThunderHill. I had such a bad ass time and so I will continue support the track experience. I had a trouble with my P/S pump. It overflowed and air got into the system and the pump was struggling. It must have gotten very hot . I have to do something before the next track event. Do you have any input? Thanks again. Great pics on your build. Later Lynno

Lynno - you looked good out there - glad that you had a good time. I suggest that if you're going to track your car that you get a FRPP P/S cooler (Dean Martin still has them and puts them on EBay) also get an aluminum tank/reservoir and install an inline (auto transmission) filter on the return hose. I use Amsoil power steering fluid.

Off the top of your head do you know what the return line size is? Thanks for the complements and Thanks for the input I will seek out more parts for future racing adventures. Hope to see you at the track .

Mounted some Hoosiers on the BBS wheels - now got to figure out the spacing. Probably go with some FTR ones and go with maximum track width but, keep it equal front and rear. :)

Without photos, it didn't happen

Archived