TEAM SHELBY FORUM

" So you want to go racing ? "

Kevin Patten

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got a call today that the front fascia is painted - now I just have to pick it up and cut holes in it for the tow hook and Agent47 brake duct pieces. Cutting things real close here for the Shelby Nationals since I have even more than that on my plate.

Got a call today that the front fascia is painted - now I just have to pick it up and cut holes in it for the tow hook and Agent47 brake duct pieces. Cutting things real close here for the Shelby Nationals since I have even more than that on my plate.

Just make sure you get the proper stickers applied. That's the most important thing. The performance stuff is somewhat insignificant !

New Brembo club racing front brakes installed - SUPER NICE - way better than the Stop Tech ones which were required by the SMG rules. PURE BEEF!!! Unfortunately found a leaking right rear caliper that will need replacing (leak @ the piston seal) before the next outing.

How about some :camera: of tow hook and cutting of bumper, think I know someone that'll be doing the same soon :puppy_kiss:

New Brembo club racing front brakes installed - SUPER NICE - way better than the Stop Tech ones which were required by the SMG rules. PURE BEEF!!! Unfortunately found a leaking right rear caliper that will need replacing (leak @ the piston seal) before the next outing.

Are you using sock rears? Need a rear caliper? I might know where I can find a spare :whistling:

How about some :camera: of tow hook and cutting of bumper, think I know someone that'll be doing the same soon :puppy_kiss:

I'll see what I can do Scott - I will probably be doing it next week on the newly painted fascia so I'll see if JJ will take pics of me while I do the surgery.

I did - looks good Chris - but is it fast? :cool:

I think so. I haven't taken it over 40 mph, but it feels like it could still go faster. It has a fairly good sized motor and some screw blower thing on top that's supposed to shove more air in with more gas. It's supposed to give it a little more power if you mash the pedal all the way down. I'll have to try it out and let you know !

Got the stock SGT front fascia back from the painter and assembled it today. I think that it's going to make it back on the car (07SGT4755) in time for the Shelby Nationals. Tomorrow headed up to Sonoma Raceway where it's suppose to be over 100 degrees!

Put the front fascia on this evening - close but some points are off - the brake ducting boxes hit the back of the Agent47 lower grille ducting inlets - so I'll need to get it up in the air and make adjustments plus mount the rear brackets for the splitter.

Put the front fascia on this evening - close but some points are off - the brake ducting boxes hit the back of the Agent47 lower grille ducting inlets - so I'll need to get it up in the air and make adjustments plus mount the rear brackets for the splitter.

:camera::camera:

Getting ready for NORCAL SAAC Mini-Nats/Team Shelby Nationals - and laying out some $$$ for the future motor build - ordered the FRPP throttle body, FRPP intake manifold, FRPP high flow CNC cylinder heads, and the FRPP Hot Rod cams! Need to sell off some more stuff to get more stuff - "so you want to go racing?" :drop:

Archived