TEAM SHELBY FORUM

" So you want to go racing ? "

Kevin Patten

Very few people know what those were. They found them on the shelf after I left, just put them on eBay.... great story behind those, I'll post details sometime.

Jer

I just thought that you'd like to know that some of them found their way to the race car. :puppy_kiss:

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Post # 2600

Ordered matching wheels for the tow rig today - gotta look good going down the road since I pull 07SGT4755 on an open trailer!

That's cool! Just like the old days!

Got the rear bumper cover over to the painter yesterday. New front OEM fascia being delivered to the house on Monday. The carbon fiber front splitter is here along with the Agent47 front brake ducts for the Shelby GT/ GTCS front fascia. I already put on the "snake eyes" decals on the carbon fiber headlight panels and put clear film Armor Shield film on them to protect them from the track debris. The changes are starting to come into play.

WOW!! For the second time Latemodel Restoration has sent me the wrong fascia - they keep sending me a rear bumper cover instead of a front SGT/GTCS fascia ! :gaah:

That is frickkin ridiculous.

No kidding - I'm trying to get the cosmetic stuff done before Russ and I leave for Portland so I can focus on the drive train items when we get back. I'd like to run 07SGT4755 in the SFR SCCA regional race on the July 24-26 weekend at Laguna Seca Raceway.

It sure would be nice to see some pictures of the changes being made, unless of course, you're going for the whole "grand unveiling" thing.........

Can't wait to see what you've done with it.

Mark

Can't wait to see the stickers on the car !

Those won't be shown until we take "On Track Photos" - these were just teaser shots of the car on the trailer in my driveway.

:cool: I don't want the competition in on my speed secrets until I get on the track with them.

OK Mark - Let's see if I got this to work. attachicon.gifIMAG1348.jpgattachicon.gifIMAG1349.jpgattachicon.gifIMAG1351 (2).jpg Here's your sneak peak!

The front fascia has not been changed over to the original SGT one yet - still waiting for the right one to be delivered.

Very cool! Thanks for the sneak peek. Looking forward to the "on track" photos to see the total transformation.

Mark

OK Mark - Let's see if I got this to work. attachicon.gifIMAG1348.jpgattachicon.gifIMAG1349.jpgattachicon.gifIMAG1351 (2).jpg Here's your sneak peak!

The front fascia has not been changed over to the original SGT one yet - still waiting for the right one to be delivered.

Looking good!

Changed out the fuel door today on the car (put on a painted M-2301-5M) and going to get the wheels on the truck changed out also. Russ and I are flying out to Portland in the morning and I'm hoping that UPS truck will drop off the correct front fascia today. We'll see how everything comes out - something tells me that I'm going to be very busy the next couple of weeks.

Did you sell the original front bumpers?

Need me to send out the front bumper from "Hurricane"? :drop:

Yes, I sold the original front bumper to buy race car parts. Let this be a lesson - sell nothing and have plenty of spares when it comes to track cars. JMO :spend:

UPS just called and said that they will drop off tomorrow :drop: The painter also said that the rear bumper cover is done and can be picked up tomorrow :drop::drop:

Did I mention that Russ and I are flying out to Portland in the morning to go clinch a championship?

Well, here it is - Russ and 07SGT2425 have won the SCCA US Majors Western Conference Series in Touring 2. Of the 12 races in the series, we made it to 9 of the races out west in 2015. Russ had 5 wins, 1 second place finish, 2 third place finishes, and 1 fourth place finish. He ended up with 199 points and won the class overall so now he gets to go to Daytona Beach, Florida for the 2015 SCCA Runoffs. This last weekend ate up a set of tires (due to the extreme high temps on track), a set of both front and rear brake pads, and we had an alternator go bad just three hours before the race on the 4th of July. Fortunately we found an alternator at a NAPA Auto Parts store which was opened on the holiday and I was able to get it done just before we had to be on grid. Russ was driving hard and was faster than last year even under the unfavorable conditions. It all came together making it a very successful race season for Russ and the Shelby GT race car.

Thanks, and on top of it all I finally received the correct front fascia from LMR (third times a charm) which got delivered while I was up in Portland.

How do you go about marking/cutting the cover for the tow hook?

Awesome news to say the least!

It was until I pulled it out of the box - not a very good mold - definitely not the quality of an OEM part. Saggy and don't know if sitting it out in the sun is going to help reshape it. I think that I'm done with Latemodel Restoration - sad to say.

Contemplating whether I should go with a Saleen Heritage front fascia because it resembles the front fascia of the Mustang GT-R concept car - it has a standard GT upper grille and headlight configuration while the lower half resembles the lower grille shape and fog light openings of a GT500 however I am trying to follow the SAI theme in what could have come out of them doing a SGT R model back in 2007 or 2008. Since SAI decided to go with the Mustang GT/CS front fascia on both the GT-H and the SGT I'm first going to give it a try with Agent 47 front brake ducts and a carbon fiber front splitter (I'm using an APR Racing one that follows the SGT front fascia layout) along with a SHR lower grille. If I feel that it doesn't flow well then I'll go with the Saleen fascia. I am staying with the Tiger Racing hood even though some suggest the deep draw hood. The car should share pieces and design from it's heritage - the Shelby GT, the Shelby Terlingua , and the Shelby GT500KR - which it will but, the TR hood is fantastic (kinda like a morphed GT500 heat extractor hood) from both the design aspect and functional aspect. We'll see what SAI thinks when I show it to them at Sonoma Raceway in August at the Shelby Nationals.

Archived