TEAM SHELBY FORUM

" So you want to go racing ? "

Kevin Patten

Well - the news from Chuckwalla Raceway today is that Russ Peterson in 07SGT2425 just won the first US Majors Touring 2 race. Hopefully tomorrow he'll be able to repeat. I believe that is the first SCCA National race won by a Shelby so far this year! :yahoo:

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Next week is a double race weekend at Laguna Seca Raceway. I'll be there with my Shelby GT running in the T1 class. It is a regional race. Next for Russ will be April 11th/12th at Thunderhill Raceway in Willows, California for the next round of the SCCA US Majors Tour Western Conference races.

Thanks Nick - I'll be stopping down at Laguna Seca on Saturday for half of the day to watch the SMG race (9 SPEC MUSTANGs in Saturday's race and 10 signed up for Sunday's race which should be a great one to watch). We'll be back in action soon enough - Russ is going to be in the SCCA US Tour race on April 11th/12th at Thunderhill Raceway in Willows, Calif. which I'll be there with JJ to crew for him and as for as myself - I'm itching to go out and get in some seat time. Hopefully I'll get in a test day or two before the next regional race to try out the new set up.

See you at the track!

Started going through 07SGT2425 yesterday to get ready for Thunderhill - boy, Chuckwalla Raceway was tough on the car. Replaced both rear axle bearings and had to reset the BMR UCA along with new rear brake pads and rotors! Going over the front end today and hopefully getting another set of tires (went through a set @ Chuckwalla). :spend:

We have 19 cars in our group - 5 of which are in our class category and plenty of action! Had some contact at this track last year but pulled through and got some contact at the last race in Chuckwalla so... I'm hoping that we through all that and have some good clean racing!

We have 19 cars in our group - 5 of which are in our class category and plenty of action! Had some contact at this track last year but pulled through and got some contact at the last race in Chuckwalla so... I'm hoping that we through all that and have some good clean racing!

Do I need to get you 20 or so " " t-shirts by then ?

You got it ! PM me your address. I'll overnight them by Wednesday.

Okay, so I'm getting t-shirts made ! I'm not about to get in the middle of Ford and Carrier as to who came up with the "Blue Oval" first. So I'm thinking maybe a different color oval. Red, grabber orange yellow, ?(Open to ideas), with the script in a nice cursive or italic lettering. This would be on the front, with "Solid Rear Axles Rule" on the back. Looking for ideas. I have to get these shipped out overnight by Wednesday, so time is of the essence.

Our Shelby GTs are white with silver stripes. I'd go with a white shirt with a silver oval on front with black lettering on the back or a gray shirt with a white oval with black lettering or a black shirt with a white oval with silver lettering or.... :headspin::confused: :do what: take a members poll. :lol:

Call him and anybody else that will send $$$ We want to go racing (with our SRA cars) !!! :shoppingcart_:

As with anything else I do, I have to spend money before I can make money. My trademark attorney will be taking my money to make sure the acronym is protected. Without acronyms we'd all be SOL !

Without $$$ - I can't go racing !!!! If I can't race and win in my SRA car then we won't sell t-shirts..... If we don't sell t-shirts we won't have $$$

I know it's a vicious cycle.

How about keeping the stuff/conversations back up in the "Team Shelby Racing" section - Thanks

Without $$$ - I can't go racing !!!! If I can't race and win in my SRA car then we won't sell t-shirts..... If we don't sell t-shirts we won't have $$$

I know it's a vicious cycle.

How about keeping the stuff/conversations back up in the "Team Shelby Racing" section - Thanks

Good idea ! It became hard to follow, and I was getting confused.

Going to start building a second axle assembly for 07SGT4755 so that I'll have a 3.73:1 ratio in one and a 4.10:1 in the other. This way we can find out what rear axle ratio works best on the tracks we run. I'll keep the Eaton differential in with the 3.73s and the Torson T2R diff in with the 4.10 set up. It's easier just to swap out complete axle assemblies than tearing it apart to change the gears.

Just got back from Thunderhill - Russ got on the podium in both races with 2 third place finishes for both days in 07SGT2425 at the US Majors races. Todays finish was tough as we did not have fifth or reverse in the transmission and we were not sure if it would hold together for the whole race - he had to drive the entire 40 min race using just 3rd and 4th gears - Russ did great and the transmission held together. WE brought it home in one piece.

Archived