TEAM SHELBY FORUM

" So you want to go racing ? "

Kevin Patten

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for posting Andy - I look so alone in that picture :(

Awww how sad. You need a hug big guy?

Let's dig a little deeper into Little Andy B's camera phone and see what we can find. :punched:

20140329_135009_zps10f1f069.jpg

20140329_134811_zps0a9cc8e9.jpg

20140329_134110_zpscff60902.jpg

20140329_134440_zpscf40b4d4.jpg

20140329_132755_zps2a8d034b.jpg

Got the roll cage work done on 07SGT2425 and getting it now ready for final fabrication work and then off to the paint shop for getting the interior and trunk area painted. Once done with that we'll reassemble it and get it ready for a test day . Can't wait to have both SGTs R cars out on the track competing.

20140414_162227.jpg20140414_162201.jpg20140414_162112.jpg20140414_162104.jpg20140414_162021.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finished off the rear bulkhead today , battery master kill switch mount is done , driver's window net assembly and tabs done. Stripped out the main body wiring harness , dash harness , took the doors and trunk lid off , just a couple of things to go and 07SGT2425 is off to the painters. :drop:

07SGT2425 is at the painters to get the interior /trunk done should be back by the end of the week.

07SGT4755 got it's picture in the 7th Annual Bash Official Program Booklet since it's sponsored (1 of 6) by Shelby Performance Parts - THANK YOU Jer and Shelby staff ! :clapping:

07SGT2425 is back from the painters ( well most of it - picking up the doors tomorrow - still a little tacky ) So we started reassembling it this afternoon by putting the trunk lid and tail light assemblies back on and getting some things done on the upper steering shaft assembly before it goes back in . Most likely tomorrow we will be putting in the main body wiring harness and adding some wires for the radio , data acquisition , cool shirt system , and master kill switch. Hopefully we'll get some pics posted.

07SGT2425 is back from the painters ( well most of it - picking up the doors tomorrow - still a little tacky ) So we started reassembling it this afternoon by putting the trunk lid and tail light assemblies back on and getting some things done on the upper steering shaft assembly before it goes back in . Most likely tomorrow we will be putting in the main body wiring harness and adding some wires for the radio , data acquisition , cool shirt system , and master kill switch. Hopefully we'll get some pics posted.

:puppy_kiss:

Can't wait to be able to say the same for Hurricane!

Radio? Didn't think race cars needed one :whistling:

Yep - got 2 radios for the 2 cars with extras for crew members = team work. Should have everything ready for the June race at Laguna Seca Raceway with BOTH cars running !

I'm sure that showing up with the twin SGT racers we will definitely be getting some attention ! :cool: :cool:

Yep - got 2 radios for the 2 cars with extras for crew members = team work. Should have everything ready for the June race at Laguna Seca Raceway with BOTH cars running !

I'm sure that showing up with the twin SGT racers we will definitely be getting some attention ! :cool: :cool:

Right on. Good luck. Get video!

Kevin,

We printed up a few extra Bash Programs for you, I'll mail them out ASAP… Nice talking to you today, as always...

Jer

Although it made for a long day , it was well worth it to take 07SGT4755 to the Carroll Shelby Memorial - great venue !

IMG_4148_zpsc695b9a7.jpg

After that it was back down to Hollister to help JJ with getting some stuff done on 07SGT2425 and then return the truck/trailer to San Jose and then finally go home!

07SGT2425 is in the trailer and headed to the SCCA double regional race at Thunderhill Raceway. Russ is entered in both the SMG ( SPEC MUSTANG ) class and the T2 race group so that means double-double duty for the car on it's maiden voyage. He'll get a SCCA log book on it and the car will then become an official/documented Shelby GT race car. :clapping:

So we will now have two 2007 Performance White Shelby GTs racing in the SFR SCCA road race series! The chase is on for qualifying for the SCCA National Runoffs which is going to be @ Laguna Seca Raceway here in California in October.

Not a good first outing for Russ and 07SGT2425 - At the start of the first race a FP Lotus Super 7 decided to turn into Russ on the front straight away just before crossing the start/finish line and took him into the dirt. Needless to say - we are pissed!!!!IMG_3217.jpgIMG_3221.jpg

Well.... that's racing. Sucks for sure. On a separate note, I think I have decided not to put my Shelby on the track as it is too nice to do track days with. All it takes is one idiot doing something stupid and my baby would be damaged. So I've started to look at used race cars. Been thinking about picking up one of these:

http://riversidepanoz.com/panoz_gts.aspx

I know it's not a Mustang, but powered by a reliable Ford 5.8 liter. Curious to hear your thoughts.

Well.... that's racing. Sucks for sure. On a separate note, I think I have decided not to put my Shelby on the track as it is too nice to do track days with. All it takes is one idiot doing something stupid and my baby would be damaged. So I've started to look at used race cars. Been thinking about picking up one of these:

http://riversidepanoz.com/panoz_gts.aspx

I know it's not a Mustang, but powered by a reliable Ford 5.8 liter. Curious to hear your thoughts.

A Panoz GTS makes for a great open track car. There's not a lot of them around here much anymore whereas 10 - 15 years ago there were plenty running in GT2 class. You should be able to pick one up for a fair price used.

Not a good first outing for Russ and 07SGT2425 - At the start of the first race a FP Lotus Super 7 decided to turn into Russ on the front straight away just before crossing the start/finish line and took him into the dirt. Needless to say - we are pissed!!!!attachicon.gifIMG_3217.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_3221.jpg

That sucks Kevin. Was he able to continue?

Yes Russ was able to continue and finish the race. I just hate having to fix body work after a first outing due to someone else making a mistake on the start of a race. This isn't the first time for the guy in the FP car to have contact with another car this season (this being only the 3rd race weekend of the season). I just don't like not being there for the maiden voyage of the car and having something like this happen. UGH !!!

There is a guy selling one of these as well... along with trailer, extra body work, wheels, tires, parts, etc. Everything you need to plug and play. Tempting.....

http://www.radicaleastusa.com/radical-models/

Am I completely NUTZ?

Archived