TEAM SHELBY FORUM

" So you want to go racing ? "

Kevin Patten

• Replies 939
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First race - Finished 8th overall and 6th in class - had a fast lap time of 2:05.551 - field of 32 finishers ( first time on full course with car )

Second race - Finished 15th overall and 5th in class - had a fast lap of 2:43.347 - field of 25 finishers ( down pour of rain during entire race - ran Michelin PS2 street tires )

Couple of scrapes on lower L/R quarter and rear bumper from race related traffic contacts - other than that car came home intact !

This Shelby GT (07SGT4755) is now officially on record as competing and completing a SCCA Regional level race. :yahoo:

First race - Finished 8th overall and 6th in class - had a fast lap time of 2:05.551 - field of 32 finishers ( first time on full course with car )

Second race - Finished 15th overall and 5th in class - had a fast lap of 2:43.347 - field of 25 finishers ( down pour of rain during entire race - ran Michelin PS2 street tires )

Couple of scrapes on lower L/R quarter and rear bumper from race related traffic contacts - other than that car came home intact !

This Shelby GT (07SGT4755) is now officially on record as competing and completing a SCCA Regional level race. :yahoo:

Fantastic!!! :rockon:

:camera: or they didn't happen... :cool:

Ah-some! Hope you have some in board video and or pics.

Yes, JJ is doing some editing on the in car video footage ( hours worth both in the dry and in the rain ) along with some photos. I'm running hard and have had only 2 hours of sleep over the last 2 days ( thanks to the meth heads that were in the hotel room next to mine - the police came to the hotel @ 2:30AM to get them ) so please be patient.

Yes, JJ is doing some editing on the in car video footage ( hours worth both in the dry and in the rain ) along with some photos. I'm running hard and have had only 2 hours of sleep over the last 2 days ( thanks to the meth heads that were in the hotel room next to mine - the police came to the hotel @ 2:30AM to get them ) so please be patient.

A new episode of Breaking Bad?

Kevin great job and congratulations for not wadding up your car in the rain!

Came close - got on the gas a little too hard coming off of turn 15 onto the front straight and found myself pointed at the hot pit wall but I was able to drive out of it. Major pucker factor time and lost my opportunity to catch David Ray in Sundays rain race.

Bravo, KP, bravo for a job well done! Great first outing. Looking forward to the pics and video(s).

Mark

What he said ^

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks all ! Just signed up for the next race which will be @ Laguna Seca Raceway in Monterey on March 28-30 but I'm just doing the first race so I'll only be there on Friday and Saturday. Sunday is out for me due to my family obligations and I'm leaving on the 31st to go to Las Vegas with the wife. Stop by and say hi if you are in the area - should be some good racing.

Makes me want to build a racer! Uh oh.... wife is coming! Better log off quickly so she does not see this post!!!!! :speedie:

Congrats on the first event, good finishes and all you have done with the Shelby GT!!...and the pics too!

Thanks for the vids and pics... :rockon:

Curious... All the stangs have the same rims. Is that a standard?

Vids and pics as you requested Peter ;)

Yes the Jongbloed 10.5 " x 18 " is the required spec wheel for our group.

Call me crazy but I had mine powder coated to a silver which matches the stripes on my SGT. :drop:

I got the car (07SGT4755) ready today for this weekend 's race @ Laguna Seca . I swapped out the springs from the soft set ( 500lb-front / 400lb-rear) to the stiffer rate set allowed (600lb-front / 450lb-rear) , reset ride height , corner weight balanced , and did a shock adjustment - so we will see what difference it will make. Weather shows dry on Friday/Saturday and raining on Sunday. I'll take my spare street tires/wheels in case it comes early but I'm only going for the first of the two races. Hopefully will be done by Saturday night. Looking to get some more pictures of the Shelby coming through the famous corkscrew turn. Brakes get a good workout on this track so we'll have to keep a close eye on those.

Just back from Laguna Seca ! Finished 10th overall out of 41 entries / 9th in class with my fastest lap time of 1:46.330. Sorry no pics but you can check out Chuck Koehler Photography next week for pics of the event (March 28-30). I only ran the first race on Saturday - family obligations on Sunday - so no racing ! Going to Vegas on Monday.

Archived