TEAM SHELBY FORUM

OK, it's not like I'm obsessive or anything (firearm related)

This photo shows my collection of 179 rifle magazines.

The boxes at the top left are USGI 20rd mags, 7 to a box, times 7 boxes, and are dated 1969 and 1970.

I did not unpack them and left them inside the boxes.

Love those 20rd mags, ooh la la.

RifleMags2.jpg

Here is an old photo that shows up close what 6 of the 7 boxes of USGI 20rd mags look like. 1 box is not shown below, but is easily seen in the previous picture:

6boxesof7.JPG

I'll have to count my pistol mags. My guess is another 100 more.

This photo shows my collection of 179 rifle magazines.

The boxes at the top left are USGI 20rd mags, 7 to a box, times 7 boxes, and are dated 1969 and 1970.

I did not unpack them and left them inside the boxes.

Love those 20rd mags, ooh la la.

RifleMags2.jpg

Here is an old photo that shows up close what 6 of the 7 boxes of USGI 20rd mags look like. 1 box is not shown below, but is easily seen in the previous picture:

6boxesof7.JPG

I'll have to count my pistol mags. My guess is another 100 more.

Yeh. I have to admit a hi-cap mag ban won't hurt you much. Check Colt's Manufacturing's web site. They don't list any mags for sale at all any more (not ever 10 rounders)

Over the last 15 years, Colorado has evolved to become a nanny state.

Most of this is from people moving to Colorado from other states, changing the political demographics.

Sad to say, Colorado has changed for the worse and will not get better ever.

If anyone is interested in some great AR Mags at a decent price go to this link (Brownells) : http://www.brownells...-prod21225.aspx They are NOT in stock but they WILL let you backorder them and WILL fill the order. If you have not used them before, I can tell you that Brownells is a great company. Your card will not be charged until the order ships so you have nothing to lose.

In 1988 I bought 1000 M16 30rd mags from Paragon Surplus Sales, I think I paid 3.25 per mag at that time. They were from Israel, used, and the funny thing was that when I got them there was 4 boxes, 2 of the 4 boxes were a lot heavier ???? turns out the mags inside were half filled with sand. I toted those mags around for years at gun shows and stuff, I think I had around 400 left in 96 when the first assault ban came on, sold the whole bunch in one weekend.

If anyone is interested in some great AR Mags at a decent price go to this link (Brownells) : http://www.brownells...-prod21225.aspx They are NOT in stock but they WILL let you backorder them and WILL fill the order. If you have not used them before, I can tell you that Brownells is a great company. Your card will not be charged until the order ships so you have nothing to lose.

Darn, wont let me backorder mags for my Mini14!

• 1 month later...

Dumb Dumb Dumb, how is this law even enforceable? Unless they are requiring you to turn in all your 30 round mags or pin them to only hold 15 rounds whats to stop anyone from buying them out of state. Although consider yourself lucky, the dolts here in CT are trying to put a 7 round limit for all magazines into law.

• 3 weeks later...

Those M1 mags are money! So glad I stocked up on them when I did (and my Para Ords & Browning HPs). I won't get too deep in the weeds here, as I'm still an LEO. I just need to relay that there are a lot more of us who believe in law abiding citizens rights than many of our administrators would have you believe. Responsibly trained gun owners have never been an issue for me. Violent criminals and the dangerous mentally ill are my concern.

When we CANADIANS see stuff like this .. WE WONDER WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH .. SOME .. OF YOU PEOPLE.. Why not put all of that MONEY into your EDUCATION and HEALTH CARE..... All you are doing is financing ..IDIOTS.. PEOPLE like this MUST BE SO AFRAID OF NORMAL LIFE THAT THEY NEED GUNS UP THEIR .. A..HOLE .. Bruce

When we CANADIANS see stuff like this .. WE WONDER WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH .. SOME .. OF YOU PEOPLE.. Why not put all of that MONEY into your EDUCATION and HEALTH CARE..... All you are doing is financing ..IDIOTS.. PEOPLE like this MUST BE SO AFRAID OF NORMAL LIFE THAT THEY NEED GUNS UP THEIR .. A..HOLE .. Bruce

Bruce: Your caustic post does not deserve a response but I will give you one anyway. 1. You gain nothing by posting insulting remarks. If you have an opinion on an issue, try stating it in civil terms. Otherwise, people will dismiss both you and your opinions. 2. You don't know WHO you are talking to. Many of us are active or retired law enforcement officers or senior military personnel who have served their country well. What service have you provided to your country? Perhaps you are the one who does not have a normal life. 3. Your post presumes that you speak for all Canadians. You do not. I have served with many fine Canadian Military personnel in Combined Commands during my 27 year career in the USAF. I can tell you that many do not share your views. 4. Your post also presumes that Americans who participate in shooting sports have something wrong with us i.e. "you people." Who are you to judge our people in our culture? You are from a foreign country. If you don't like our culture then stop driving American cars and stay out of our country. I would suggest you keep your volatile opinions to yourself. Dave

Dave I am not referring to military or law enforcement personnel SERVICEING THERE COUNTRY??? When I See rooms full of ammunition all I wonder is. WHY.... Sport. OK.. My thread only referred to excessive stock piles? AS for YOU PEOPLE. That Referred to the post of the stock pile.... As for serving your Country. .. Where the hell did that come from???? I AM TALKING TO THE POST oWHO SHOWED ME A ROOM FULL OF Ammno ... If x military or law enforcement need so much stock pile ...Then in MHO. I cannot understand WHY.... As for talking for all CANADIANS. NEVER. So SIR. You are WRONG to think my comments were CAUSTIC.. Serving MY Country DURING ANY UN. or NATO excercise has nothing to do with STOCK PILIng....I have a FEW RETIRED POLICE and MILITARY PERSONNEL THAT LEAVE ALL THE BS BEHIND....THANK THE LORD FOR THAT... So if anyone took offence to my view on stock piling. MY APOLOGIES..........AS for the SHELBY. Geez YOU are way off BASE.......

Bruce you are entitled to your opinion, but please do not include me with your opinion.

social skills 101

• everyone has a right to their own opinion

• everyone has a right to have a passion

• you do not criticize a person's passion or wife

• keep politics and religion out of it

Well Bruce at least you did not call his wife ugly.

Glen

Archived